What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

If it helps any, I have heard Australian’s described as ‘Free Range Canadians’ :smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1449

Austrailia is always a place I’ve wanted to visit. But I’d like to stay far away from the Box Jellyfish.

We’re thankfully way too far south for those nasties :sunglasses:

(Allie) #1451

@x-Dena-x thank you for sharing the video, that’s what the fluffies are like with me too, but the whole flock rather than just one family group. It’s rare to find one that doesn’t known me as I’ve been looking after them for so long now and these birds never forget the face of someone who has been good to them :heart:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1452

@Shortstuff youre so lucky, thats a rare and awesome thing to have. I barely live near geese, but have 2 at the pond next to my office building that I fan-girl over. They havent started to trust me yet, probably because I get so excited to see them and come waltzing over, theyre like “oh here comes the weird creature, but at least it brings us raw organic seeds”. :rofl:

But maybe theyll come around and I can enjoy them in the way youre able to. Thats so great to have and im glad you enjoy it :heart_eyes:

(Running from stupidity) #1453

I live in a city full of them…

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1454

The actual birds or a slang Im unfamilar with? If theyre the bird kind, send some my way :heart_eyes:

(Running from stupidity) #1455

“See that idiot over there drop his beer? What a goose.”

(Allie) #1456

I hope they do, sounds like you’re on the right track :heart:

If you’re on Facebook I have a group on there where I share my birds with people by posting videos, you’d be welcome to look at the videos of you wanted to as it’s a public group so no need to join :blush:

(Allie) #1457

For @x-Dena-x

This is Greyface, one of my regulars, although today I threatened to rename him Trumpet because of all the shouting and honking he was doing at the other geese :joy:

(Jane) #1458

We have ducks at our plant in Houston and they live in the fire water ponds. A large white goose showed up one day and bonded with the ducks and protects the ducklings and the population has really grown over the years.

I used to feed them and even though I can’t tell them apart the ones I fed since babies know me and come right up to me, even though it’s been 4 years since I worked there every day.

(Allie) #1459

(Doug) #1461

5 Woofs! :slightly_smiling_face: Great picture. :sunglasses:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1462

Omg @Shortstuff that is a great pic! Look at that face!!!

falls over from cuteness overload

I need this in my life. I wish I could find a place where the geese go and return on an ongoing basis. I’ve literally set out on day adventures to find them, and I never could. Lakes, ponds, everything. I saw them this year return over and over to a field on the way to work, but it’s private property.

It was tempting tho… :running_woman:
:oncoming_police_car:

(less is more, more or less) #1463

Howdy, all.

Wherein I turn in my second-best time since going low-carb. Not too shabby for a 56-year-old.

I miss mixing it up with the low-carb crew here. My workload continues to increase. I have two significant speaking events within three weeks, and I’m a program committee member for a large tech conference at work in three weeks as well. It’s all good, however. I’m tickled to report, however, that my fork and feet have been faithful to low-carb living. I’m simply spending less time yammering about it.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1464

Hey you seriously are awesome. Thats a great pace over 8 miles!!! That’s impressive and I hope you feel great about yourself. Im 36 years old and my 1 mile pace is like 11 min, and that’s for 1 mile only! Over 8…my finish time would be like 5 hours :joy: :rofl:

Congrats for real!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1465

My injured buddy, Wobbles:

I walked over to the pond next to my office and my 2 geese friends were there (one not pictured because he was standing guard in the distance).

This one pictured here is the female Ive been trying to take care of. Her leg was either broken or sprained or an animal got her. Ive tried all manner of food to give her and she seems to really enjoy raw organic sunflower seeds. Expensive taste lol. But I want to make sure she stays nourished so she can heal.

At first, her limp was so bad and so heartbreaking. But she’s on the mend and she’s walking so much better. She’s still cautious of me but comes closer and closer. The male, always stands in the distance and watches me. He won’t part take in any seed business, at least in front of me.

It’s been over a month and theyre still a bit leary of me. Hoping they will come around. Being injured and the only 2 that come here, Im sure they’re that much more cautious.

(Allie) #1466

Thank you for helping her @x-Dena-x :heart:
They sometimes suffer leg injuries from bad landings, I’ve had a few that have had dislocated stifles most likely from crash landing on hard ground.

(Allie) #1467

This was yesterday, my boy made a new friend and we walked together for an hour. Chunk really enjoyed some doggy company but his shoulder arthritis flared up from the extra waking so today he’s been on increased pain meds but thankfully seems fine this evening.