What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Diane) #1428

What a great sequence of photos!

(Running from stupidity) #1429

Missing a certain something, though…

(Allie) #1430

I can’t get Chunk and geese in the same pics, not without photoshop :joy: The poor birds get a conflict when they see me with him as their instinct is to rush towards me while running away from Chunk so I keep him away from them. The pigeons, crows, magpies and ducks are different, they’re not at all phased by Chunk and get really close to him :heart_eyes:

(Edith) #1431

I’m pretty sure it is the white footed deer mouse.

Edit: Which I just read is a carrier of hantavirus. I guess I’ll have to be careful cleaning out my shed this spring, because they live in there. :mask:

(Wendy) #1432

Thanks. It looked like a postcard every day especially at sun set. I took so many pictures I don’t know when I will see them all. :hushed::heart_eyes:
I miss the sun.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1433

Yes, many rodents are carriers. Hantavirus is endemic in the southwestern U.S., so if that’s where you live, do be careful. In pet rats, the Seoul virus is of concern, because infected rats show no symptoms, while people get quite sick from it.

ETA—Plague (Yersinia pestis) is also endemic in the Southwest, but at least it’s treatable with antibiotics.

Dh is away on his motorbike today so I took the dogs for a local walk. So yup, this is my “backyard” Sorry some of the pictures are kinda dark, my ipod dosent take the best photos.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1435

I love the geese. People can be mean to them because they poop everywhere. I get it, no one likes to step in green goose logs, but I just think theyre adorable, especially when they have their babies. Little grey fuzzy wobbling adorableness.

I’m so jealous, you’ve got some of the best views!

(Allie) #1437

River swans are nesting :heart::swan:

(Allie) #1438

Fluffy season is the best time of year! The goslings very quickly learn to trust me and when they all run towards me full of excitement with those tiny wings all stretched out… honestly makes my heart melt :heart_eyes:

(Diane) #1439

I don’t have much experience with baby geese or swans. I do find that one of my favorite things in the spring is a pond with baby ducks.

#guaranteedhappiness

(Allie) #1440

Ducklings are adorable too :heart:
The adult ducks at the little lake here have all known me since they were ducklings so all come running when they see me, they’re not as confident as the geese though.

(Jane) #1441

Daffodils blooming and pussy willow budded up.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1442

It is the best time of year!! I havent seen any fluffies yet. Can’t wait till they make their season debut lol.

I saw this awesome video on YT that I go back and watch every so often. A goose family that falls in love and returns to see their human family friends. I’m going to attempt to pin it, it’s really adorable.

Goose family reunion YouTube link

How do I paste the video link so it doesn’t look like a shadey url to somewhere? Lol

(Alec) #1443

@anon54735292, may I ask where in the South Coast? I live not far from Merimbula, and when I just saw your pic, I thought “that looks very familiar!!”. But I bet a lot of our coastline looks like that!

We’re north of Bega & south of The Bay - in the sweet spot :wink: You’re in a lovely area too :smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1445

@anon54735292 why in the world did I think you lived in Canada?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

'Cause I’m so very friendly and polite all the time :wink::sweat_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1447

It’s crazy because I have no idea where I got this from lmao. When I saw you were in Austrailia I was like whoa wait what?? I’m scared for me :crazy_face: