What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Allie) #1408

(Allie) #1409

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1410

(Jane) #1411

I bet a year ago climbing that slight incline was a lot harder!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1412

Yes, I stayed mostly on flat terrain and with my breathing difficulties, due to autoimmune, probably impossible . It is huge for me to be able to walk again and breath.

But you should see the path leading up to this point it is very steep! I was proud of myself having walked up at a normal pace with no stops. I’ll take a picture next time. Small NSV, but one of the more important ones.

(Running from stupidity) #1413

I see a path. I see a stick. I don’t see CHUNK :frowning:

#EVERYONENEEDSACHUNK

Cute little motor seen tonight while walking the dogs. Also, hello spring!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1415

My girl is with me but she sticks by my side, or sniffing, she’s not out ahead like Chunk. But I agree everyone needs a Chunk in their life.

(Edith) #1416

My dog chased a mouse up a tree. I did not know mice could climb trees, but I’m not sure if the mouse did either.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1417

The real question is can the mouse climb back down? :face_with_monocle:

(Wendy) #1418

Cool! We just flew into O Hare last Thursday. It was cloudy so didn’t see as many lights as we did back in Mexico. I took so many pictures on our various flights. Haven’t flown in about 10 years and this trip we were on 5 planes. Figures right?

(Wendy) #1419

I miss Honduras. This is one of the beaches I got to walk and the ocean I got to swim in.
I’m a Midwesterner so most of my swimming is in fresh water so it was pretty neat to swim in the salty water.
There were many dogs on this trip but I don’t have too many pictures of them. No Chunk and my old puppy was home.
I miss the sea. :sleepy:

(Allie) #1420

Good morning from Chunk :grinning:

(Ashley) #1421

Good morning chunk! 3:23 am here and just home from work so off to bed! Enjoy your walk buddy!!!

(Edith) #1422

You picture looks like a postcard. It’s beautiful!

(Running from stupidity) #1423

The goodest boy

(Allie) #1424

He was very happy to pose this morning, this was the first pic I asked him to sit for and no re-takes were needed :slight_smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1425

I don’t know if mice can, but rats can certainly climb, and that looks more like a baby rat than a mouse, to me. There are two main rat species, the black/Alexandrine/tree rat, Rattus rattus, which lives in trees, and the brown/Norwegian/sewer rat, R. norvegicus, which prefers to burrow, but which climbs quite well.

R. norvegicus is the species used as the laboratory rat, and is also the most commonly domestic pet, as well. In fact, the legend is that pet rats are descended from rats caught by Jack Black (yes, I know), Queen Victoria’s rat-catcher, who caught primarily for the rat pits, but who decided to make pets out of some of them. The lab varieties could also be descended from some of Black’s rats, but definitely with admixtures from wild populations along the way.

Definitely. It is likely to climb down head first, but might also be able to back down.

(Allie) #1427

Just been to the lake to see my wild birds, the geese flew in to greet me :heart: