What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(less is more, more or less) #1006

A little backstory to today’s photo. Last week, Dr. Berry had posted:

While I am very much biased towards low-carb and keto, magical thinking makes me nervous. I’ve been long told that as I grow older, I shouldn’t expect to bodybuild.¹ Not that I want to, but a more time-efficient gym workout is, of course, a very attractive option.

So, I asked the good doctor:

He responded;

Le sigh.

Social network cheerleading puts me into full skeptic mode. As an aside, Dr. Berry’s cheerleading seems to be increasing, btw. I figured I’d get a “second opinion,” Dr. Naiman, naturally.

He responded:

More terse, but aligns with Dr. Berry, in a very rhetorically minimal way.

SO… This morning, I’ve pushed my weight routine to exhaustion. I am a gelatinous mass now. The sting shall come, I expect. We’ll see. I’m still in a “n=1” frame of mind on this.

¹ I’ve also been long told to avoid fats, yadda yadda yadda. I’ve been fed a pack of nonsense. I get that. I was skeptical when I started low-carb eating. Better to be doubtful in most things.

Lowcarb regimen, exercise and sarcopenia
(Allie) #1007

Wilma came right up to me this morning and was chattering away happily. She’s a real sweetheart, so gentle and loving, even with the geese :heart::swan:

Is it just me, or do you see love in those little black eyes? :heart:

(Karen) #1008

And a Coy tilt to the head.

(Running from stupidity) #1009

Chunk, Wilma, and Karen’s head tilt. GOING WELL

(Allie) #1010

This is Wilma and I suspect she’s one of the cygnets I helped Missy and Sage raise in the past as she’s only just arrived but chatters away and acts like she knows me :heart:

(Jane) #1011

Taking a lunch break and will finish the chicken coop and small interior run after lunch. The entire coop will be enclosed in a 16’x26’ run with bird netting on top. 7’ deer fencing.

(Natasha) #1012

Me too x2!

(Allie) #1013

I want chickens and keep looking at cools but that’s as far as I’ve got… there’s too much uncertainty in my life at the moment to commit to more animals.

(less is more, more or less) #1015

Extraordinary sunset

Very accurate description! :+1:

(Randy) #1017

Some beautiful scenery in this thread. But I’ve got to admit I keep coming back for the animal pics. Especially Chunk! :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #1018

Well, who doesn’t? #VOTE1CHUNK

(Allie) #1019

Chunk is jumping for joy :grinning:

(Jane) #1020

Coop finished!!! Now just need the larger run

(Allie) #1021

@Janie this looks like one of the options I’ve been repeatedly looking at on Amazon. Was it easy to put together? I’m not at all skilled with this type of thing but have a neighbour who could help me… :joy:

(Sybella) #1022

(Jane) #1023

We put it together in under 5 hours and all the pieces fit together nicely. We had to make to minor repairs on two of the pre-assembled pieces.

Yesterday

This morning

(Allie) #1025

This face :heart_eyes:

So proud of my Chunk!

He has a box of knuckle bones that are stored in an area that’s normally gated to keep him out (because he like to snack on the litter tray contents…). The BF forgot to pull the gate across when he went to work…

When I got home, Chunk went running to the open gate to show me then went and stood next to the box staring at it until I told him he could have one. Bless him, he didn’t even pinch one in the four hours he was left on his own. Such a good boy :heart:

Of course he is now happily chewing on a bone because he definitely earned it.