What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Running from stupidity) #825

yes I’m out of likes again. stupid software

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #826

So our walk today was brown and gray. But my hubs took me on a cheap date😉 and we explored a new very large Indian grocery store. So much keto food. Huge amounts of cheese from all over the Middle East and India. Tons of type s of oil,olives, pickled foods and ghee. Lots of fun.

Also they had a lot of chicken livers, and several cows hearts.

Not sure what baroody is but I will be looking it up. It looked like pickled cheese.

(Running from stupidity) #827

SO AWESOME

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #828

After we bought about 50$ in groceries my husband pointed out I wasn’t such a cheap date after all​:rofl::joy:

(Running from stupidity) #829

But it provides longer-lasting benefits :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #830

Escape from Boston. So last Saturday the 4 of us flew to Orlando and did Disney and more. We flew back to Richmond, VA, USA on Friday (Yesterday). My youngest and I were going to drive her car back to Boston on Monday and I was going to fly home Tuesday. Predictions of snowmageddon had us rethinking that approach.

So yesterday we flew back to Richmond, VA. Did some laundry and got in the car and started our road trip to Boston. We drove to Delaware yesterday through rush hour traffic. Spend the night in Middletown DE and drove to Boston Logan airport today. Had a 5 pm flight out today, At 4 pm it started snowing. By the time we were on the plane they had to de-ice the plane and when I was taking off an inch of snow had fallen and it was snowing hard. Daughter (my last carb girl) was in her dorm room probably partying.

Just glad I did not get stuck in Boston.

Fueled by keto for 8 days my energy was good. Thanks to pork rinds, macadamia nuts and some sausage sticks I was set for meals and all. I love keto.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #831

They certainly leave much larger holes than we might expect.

There is plenty of sorrow to go around. Willow, one of my chinchillas, just died, very suddenly, for no apparent reason. Chins don’t often get sick, but once they do, they mostly don’t recover. I noticed that she seemed a bit off her feed, but she didn’t appear ill. Once the storm has passed, I’ll put her in my favorite spot in the garden, with all the ratties I’ve lost.

Willow and her sister Gracie were rescues and hadn’t quite gotten to the point of trusting me very much yet, though Willow was just starting to open up. I’m of two minds whether to try taking Gracie to the vet, because she finds being handled so stressful. If she too is sick, the stress might be too much for her. And besides, it’s hard to tell at the moment whether she is actually ill, or just grieving for her sister. :cry:

(Running from stupidity) #832

Well, that’s a bummer :frowning:

Why is that?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #833

Never seen those before - cool! Reminds me of my newel post lamp in the Queen Anne. (except better).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #834

No idea, and I’m not sure anyone really knows. All I know is that they are obligate herbivores and are very sensitive to sugar, so you have to keep them on a low sugar diet.

(Running from stupidity) #835

OK, so I didn’t take this today.

But I had a request today from the bride and groom to go look at the images and get any that had his grandmother in them as she died yesterday.

So I was looking through them, and this jumped out at me. I remember how carefully I set things up in order to be able to get this, so I was rapt that it worked as well as it did.

Shooting the groom and his parents over the bride’s dad’s shoulder as they entered the church.

If we were going to print it then I’d PS out the thing on the far wall that looks like it’s on the bride’s father’s glasses, it’s most annoying.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #836

Subway car… for Ladies!

(Allie) #837

(Allie) #838

(Ellen) #839

Well that counts me out then!

(Ellen) #840

Chunk looks like such a happy boy :grin:

(Allie) #841

He is always happy and smiley, this was just before we went out today. It’s the first time he’s worn the scarf, it belonged to my old Dobie who died seven years ago. Looking at the smile on Chunk’s face, I think he knows how special it is.

(Ellen) #842

He’d brighten up any day esp if he enjoyed a good cuddle. I reckon he can tell it’s special, dogs know stuff.

(Karen) #843

Painting by the impressionists

(Jane) #844

Gorgeous morning (but cold 16 F/ -9 C)