What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

So sorry to hear this. It really is the worst when you lose a pet. Non pet lovers will never know how much this hurts.
:hugs:

Wow!

This comment has been deemed worthy of a LIKE! :heart:

Explanation (click here):

I really want to give your comment a “like”, but the forum software has indicated to me that I am currently ALL OUT, because of some arbitrary limit of “likes” one can give out, in some arbitrary time span.

Not having the ability to “like” your comment leaves me with few choices.

To remedy this, I have chosen to create this comment to explain that I like your comment, but I can’t “like” it right now.

Which, honestly, goes against the forum guidelines of keeping things “tidy”.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

So, I do the best I can. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

I really want to give your comment a “like”, but the forum software has indicated to me that I am currently ALL OUT, because of some arbitrary limit of “likes” one can give out, in some arbitrary time span.

To remedy this, I have chosen to create this comment to explain that I like your comment, but I can’t “like” it right now.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

Cheers!

Keep It Tidy

Cheers!

(Karen) #809

Well, thank you for the like! Goodness I don’t think I’ve ever read the rules. But by and large I think most people play by them.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #810

Or perhaps it gets nicked a lot. The Mayor of [spoiler]Fucking,[/spoiler] Tarsdorf, in Austria, says they’re thinking of changing the name of the town, because juvenile tourists keep stealing the signs.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #811

For you, Allie, a madrigal by Orlando Gibbons:

The silver Swan, who, living, had no Note,
when Death approached, unlocked her silent throat.
Leaning her breast upon the reedy shore,
thus sang her first and last, and sang no more:
“Farewell, all joys! O Death, come close mine eyes!
More Geese than Swans now live, more Fools than Wise.”

I’ve been working my way through this thread, and am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful sweet boy. I know you’re going to miss him very much, but you’ll have a lot of love waiting for you at the Bridge. Take good care of yourself, Heidi, and Arnold.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #812

That red spray bottle is out of place. Please move it two millimeters to the left. Thank you! :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #813

I’m looking for a forever home for it (it’s new) but I liked the reflection :slight_smile:

(Allie) #814

Thanks @PaulL :heart:
It feels like I’m just staring to come up for air now… until the tears come again. Spudley was part of my life for sixteen years, the first six trying to win his trust as he had been so badly mistreated. He’s left a massive hole :broken_heart:

(Ashley) #815

You gave him 16 amazing years! Years he never had to worry about being abused! 16 years of a full belly and a warm bed! It’s hard, but he knew how much you did for him! And Im sure In due time you will find another animal who needs you! In memory of him, help another animal in need! Whenever I’ve had to put down a animal, I’ve always helped another one, either I find one or they find me! 90% of my pets are rescues! I wouldn’t have it any other way! He wants you to open your door and heart to the next one! You’re a amazing person for all you have done for him and the all of the animals you look after on a daily basis! Keep being amazing and keep being you!

(Allie) #816

My Chunk, crows, the lake we ended up walking to, and a pic showing what can be done on the new outdoor gym being built at the lake.

Almost 7.5 miles in the end.

Now I would like a coffee :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #817

And I’d like swan photos, but what ya gonna do?

(Allie) #818

Lake is my next stop :joy: I have LOADS of swan photos though, literally thousands…

This is a beautiful pen I met last summer. She and one of her cygnets had lost their neck feathers due to some sort of oil contamination. Looks messy but thankfully no long-term harm.

This is a younger Micah, not long after we first met.

This is not a swan… but I pulled this little one out of the canal after spending a morning rescuing two very sick swans (Samson and Delilah) from the canal near my house. Sadly the swans did not survive but the pigeon gave me hope that day as he was fine once he had warmed up and dried off.

This is a youngster that came out to see me at another nearby lake.

This is a younger Micah with Lily who was at the lake briefly last summer, yin yang swans.

This again is not a swan, it’s my Magick aka zen kitty.

This is Micah, the first day she came back to the lake after being gone for a couple of months. We sat on the lakeside right next to each other for hours. Poor bird was exhausted and very pleased to be home :heart:

Now I must go see my big birds as they’ll be waiting and I’m late… :swan::duck:

(Running from stupidity) #819

You clearly know who you are dealing with here :slight_smile:

(Ellen) #820

That’s definitely a zen kitty.

(less is more, more or less) #821

My Saturday 8 mile constitutional on the American Tobacco Trail. I’m listening to “The Great Alone” My wife recommended it, quite enjoyable so far.

(Jane) #822

The only walking I did today was to fill up the bird feeder so the poor birds had something to eat today. Snowed all day starting around noon and just quit about an hour ago.

Spotted beside an orthodontist’s office.

(Ashley) #824

We also got quite a lot of snow here today in Michigan!