What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2177

@Janie wants to pet all the chickensssss

They are sooo cute. I wonder what’d happen (not considering the ridiculous logistical nightmare) if you set up a chicken playdate with Allie? I’d like to think it’d be peaceable, but perhaps there’d be a chicken brawl.

(Brennan) #2178

No trolls under this bridge!

(Jane) #2179

Probably be entertaining since my flock has a pecking order with a head hen and hers does too. Mine run at each other and puff up and bump their chests and it is so much fun to watch!

Gracie (the one in the front in the last pic) is the head hen. She talks chicken to me and answers when I bawk-bawk back to her. She is the first out of the coop and out of their run and comes right over to me with her head cocked to the side to check me out when we let them out in the meadow to scratch.

(Jane) #2180

Gracie is the only one with a deformity so I was surprised when she became the head hen. Her beak is curved to the side, but the bottom one lines up so she can eat. When their beaks are crossed it is usually fatal since they have difficulty eating.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2181

Awwwwwww that’s great that she’s not only ok, but a boss :rofl:

(Ashley) #2182

Walking trail near my house in Michigan!

(Allie) #2183

This is likely as chickens aren’t generally friendly to newcomers. I’m actually hoping to add another couple of rescue girls to my flock but am hesitant as I’ve heard so many horror stories of new additions going badly wrong.

(Allie) #2184

Maud has a deformed beak too. She struggles picking food up from the ground at the bottom part sticks out further than the top, but she copes fine with food from feeders or deep bowls, or my hand.

(Allie) #2185

For the owl lovers :slight_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2186

Omg the cuteness!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

(Allie) #2187

@x-Dena-x

For you :grinning:

https://youtu.be/TloY4oBtUHc

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2188

Omg @Shortstuff I was dyin! That was some horde!! Lmao “hungry hippos”! It totally looked like it. And the one goose was like my spirit animal, sticking their whole head into the pellet bucket. :rofl::rofl: Great vid. :heart::heart::heart:

I need to come visit you. I bought a huge bag of cracked corn for the birds. On Sunday, we went searching for ANY geese/ducks/swans to feed them to, and we couldnt find a single one. Not one! Over near your canal, you have like 100!! Maybe more lol. #jellies

(Jane) #2189

Husband sent me this pic and I am missing a GORGEOUS day at home!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2190

Took this shot yesterday near the summit on Hey 50. It’s called snow plant. It has not one spot of green on it, because it does not need to photisynthisize. Instead, it gets its energy from a fungus that feeds on the roots of evergreen trees. Weird stuff, but pretty cool looking, huh ?

This might be the last owl update. They’ve moved off into the woods since #2 baby left the nest sometime in last night or two. I might find them again as they start to fly better in a few weeks. Or not. :woman_shrugging:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2192

Very cool :slightly_smiling_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2193

@ 2:15 he pooped. I know that butt shimmy ALL too well, from my African Grey. :rofl::rofl:

Yep, that’s the same thing I thought when I saw it. Maybe that’s why he jumped over there in the first place.

(Jane) #2196

On my way home for the weekend. Another gorgeous morning at the chicken farm.

Super excited about the blossoms on our zucchini plant :hugs: a little concerned about the hole in the leaf…something is snacking on it. On my lemon cucumber plant there’s some discoloration on a couple of leaves, wondering if I should prune those off or just leave it alone…