What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2116

Awesome pics :slightly_smiling_face: My GF is an owl freak. We actually have had a nesting pair of Western Screech owls in a tree in the front yard. Even now that the babies have fledged, they still come back to the same hole in the tree all the time. Not just there nest, but I guess, their full time residence :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m an owl freak too! This pair has been right down the road from us ever since we moved here 10 years ago. Well, maybe the actual owls have changed over the years, but there’s still 2 of them using the same nest and alternate nest. I followed another pair of owlets 3 years ago and got a whole bunch of pics and vids as they grew up. They are quite used to me by now and sometimes I help them by chasing crows away. :smile:

Here’s a pic from this morning of the one owlet I could find.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #2118

@FishChris @carolT I’m a fellow owl freak myself, so much so that I taught my parrot to call himself an owl. I don’t have access to any real ones, unfortunately, so I foster a severe identity crisis in my African Grey. :grin:

Owl freaks unite!
:owl:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2120

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2121

Carol, that’s a great photo ! If you tell me you took that with a phone, I’m going to throw my DSLR and all my lenses off of a cliff ! :grin: Lol

Not really… But…

Our owls are hard to photograph, as they straight over our heads and about 15 ft up. Tough to get a good straight on angle with them.

(Randy) #2122

Love the owl pics!!!:+1:

OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE! !!! :wink:

No it wasn’t a phone but I don’t have a DSLR right now either. Just an SX-50. And they were close.

(Wendy) #2124

My favorite kind of exercise. Throwing the ball from my swing. Cinder loves to chase the ball.
And my perennial flower/weed bed.

(Wendy) #2125

Wow I’m impressed! Beautiful!

(Wendy) #2126

Nice! I wanted some owls to live near me. My understanding was they are the only predators of skunks. We had issues for several years. This spring I haven’t noticed them-yet anyways!
I envy you a bit.

(Jane) #2127

I’ve never heard of that. It would prevent setting fruit on that stalk but I’ve got plenty coming in.

Saw a Star Wars parade…fist bumped Boba Fett and high fived Chewbacca, the Storm Troopers weren’t too social, Darth Vader asked if he was my father BUT the bots, well…they’re my favorite :grin:

Graci, that is sooo cool!

I bet that was a lot of fun. :smile:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2130

Ah, well that worked well for you :slightly_smiling_face:

My husband’s uncle’s hometown has such cool shafts, they are all different :slight_smile:

(Jane) #2132

Nice!!!

(Edith) #2133

Looks like a pleasant place for a run.

(Allie) #2134

We are walking here right now.

(Doug) #2135

That looks really peaceful, Allie. :heart: The smell of mown grass…