What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

Not a walk so much but
Hubby went to put the dogs out to pee and just about stepped on this guy. Right by the front door. Now moved to a safe place in the neibours garden as I dont think hed appreciat being sooked by a mastiff.

(Ashley) #1997

I think it’s so cool you guys get them! We only see them here as pets!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1998

I glad you put him where he can be safe.

(Allie) #1999

Yes @CrackerJax thankfully by Saturday he was back to his normal self :heart:

We dont usally see them, last time I saw one must have been 7-8 years ago. They are around, they just dont usally come chap on the door lol.

(Allie) #2001

I have a family group of hedgehog’s living outside my house, I’ll try and remember to take pics of their set up after work but they moved in to an outdoor shelter that I put out for my cats to use, just a little wooden thing that’s been there for years which I now keep filled with straw / hay for them, and next to that they have a special wooden feeding house that I line with newspaper and put food into every evening - also a brick on top to stop the cats stealing their food.

Normally I leave them alone and just provide food and cleaning services, but yesterday I decided to check inside the house in case it needed cleaning as they’re very messy little creatures. That’s when I found out it’s actually a family group (complete with babies) rather than the lone hedgehog I thought I was looking after :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

('Jackie P') #2002

If I was a hedgehog I would like to come and live with you xxx

('Jackie P') #2003

In fact, if I was any animal I would want to come and live with you xxx

('Jackie P') #2004

Have you watched “The Durrells” you would love it.

(Allie) #2005

I haven’t heard of it but rarely watch TV, what is it about? :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #2006

It’s an English series about the early life of Gerald Durrell who founded zoos and changed the way people felt about animals in captivity . He was a wonderful man and you remind me of him in his early life.

(Allie) #2007

Thank you @CrackerJax, I will look out for it as it does sound like the kind of thing I would enjoy :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #2008

It is - I just know that you would find the story of Gerald Durrell amazing xx

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2009

Durrell is the author of several lovely books, among them My Family and Other Animals and Birds, Beasts, and Relatives. They are well worth a read, if you can find them.

ETA: Didn’t his brother Laurence do nature shows for the Beeb?

('Jackie P') #2010

That was actually Gerald. His brother, Lawrence, was a novelist, a bit ‘racy’ for his time and nominated for the Booker prize!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2011

Ah. Thanks for straightening me out!

(Wendy) #2012

I’ve seen this bumper sticker before. I’m from Chicago area too and my in laws lived in the UP. Love going there as well as northern Wisconsin. Beautiful and so different from around here. The natives call it the yooper. I never did get that pronunciation. :smirk:

(Jane) #2013

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #2014

My last outing over the weekend, in the Sierra mountains, near the summit on Hwy 80

(Ellen) #2015

The journey begins.