What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

That’s a double bonus! :+1:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #873

I made a rule to myself. Whatever is on the office kitchen table is not food.

They moved the carrot cake to the counter to clean the table, I moved it back… it is not food…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today, I did not eat those damned, double damned frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles that someone left in the break room at work!
I feel like there are these, I don’t know, like “CARBO-land mines” or “edible trip wires” everywhere I go. And, I’m feeling kinda good now that I can just roll my eyes, and let it go.
Funny story…
Yesterday, my pants literally fell down while I was at work. I went to the backroom, saw my boss and thanked her for working me so much…because my pants just fell down while I was up front. And, I lost 14 pounds in 15 days.
My co-workers heard about it, and that I’m Keto… Now, there are suddenly three of us Keto at work.
I love it!

(Alec) #877

My lunch today… another fast day.

(Britt) #878

I did NOT eat any of this cake or a single carb at this birthday party!

Great job, @Smartypants1274!

I’m impressed. :+1:

(Britt) #880

:grin:. Thanks!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #881

Awwwwww Ohio turned 75! It seems like it was just yesterday that it was part of the Northwest Territory. They sure do grow up fast.

Didn’t eat pizza. It was made of Play-Doh, though. At least the kiddo did say, “It’s not bread, I made cheese pizza!”

(Ashley) #883

I just want to say it’s really great to see how much time you spend with your kid! I think a lot of parents (not all) miss out on a lot of quality bonding time with them!

(Britt) #884

I just thought I was celebrating someone’s birthday… now I just feel silly as it was so much BIGGER than that :grin:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #885

Don’t feel silly. Feel like a cake-conquering winner! Looked really cute, though.

(Britt) #886

It was a family members cake and his wife came up with the idea since it was his beloved home state. I thought the woman who made it did an awesome job and since she made my daughters cake too I KNOW how delicious it would have been BUT not worth the crash and yucky feeling after eating it! That was about 75 years worth of sugar on/in that cake!:grin:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #887

You’re right. I had a run in with Blackout Cake from Cheesecake Factory St. Patrick’s Day weekend and I was knocked out for days. But, sometimes it’s worth it. As long as it’s pre-planned, and not constant, I say YOLO.

(Britt) #888

You are right. Nothing wrong with indulging now and then in something you REALLY want. If I felt unable to resist I would have a small piece but I was fine. I ate salmon right before I left for the party and had some fat bombs pre made for my “dessert” when I got home. This time wasn’t the time when I just couldn’t live without it PLUS I’m on the roll with losing weight which was extra motivation. In the middle of a stall I may have not fared as well. :grimacing:

(Doug) #889

Spiced Clementine and Ricotta Cake.

What’s the occasion?

(Doug) #891

Really just being an old nut on the internet, and liking a challenge, Darren. Over the New Year’s holiday as 2017 changed to 2018 the best friend of one of my sisters-in-law was in town, and she showed me this recipe, saying she’d like to see somebody make it. It’s fairly involved and labor intensive - it took me 5.5 hours.

Things didn’t work out for me to attempt it last year, so by god I got it done this year.