What did you learn today?

(Running from stupidity) #121

Well, it’s cheese. Hard not to love that in pizza :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #122

They are Borg, or at least they learned that from the Borg.

That is my answer and I am sticking to it.

(Carl Keller) #123

Out of respect for my WOE, I was hoping they wouldn’t like it so blatantly. :stuck_out_tongue: And you should have seen the “Ugh, really?``” looks on some of their faces when I told them it had almond flour in it. They shrugged and still wanted more.

(Running from stupidity) #124

Think longer-term - if they get converted, then THEY will make it and you can eat it without having had to make it first!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #125

Mic, you’re a man after my own heart! :bacon::bacon:

(Running from stupidity) #126

It’s about efficiency!

And possibly laziness.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #127

As I said, a man after my own heart!

(Carl Keller) #128

My very own keto minions does have a nice ring to it. :sunglasses:

My boss was out 3 months from foot surgery and came back recently and noticed I had dropped a lot of belly fat in his absence. He commented multiple times about how amazed he was I dropped it so fast and how well I looked. Yesterday he started keto. Now I don’t think I can get him to make the Fatheads but I do plan on encouraging him to buy us a bunch of chicken wings, every chance I get. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #129

Well, it’s for his own good!

(Elena Serrano-trigila) #130

From what I know this is true, but the body does metabolize alcohol instead of fat (it is a poison to the body and the liver prioritizes its detoxification); and it’s absorbed as quick as a sugar. Also, you have to consider the sources. White alcohols like gin and vodka will not contain cars, but things like wine will.

(Karen) #131

I learned that the plate they use on your broken Radius is actually shaped like the radius. I don’t know,I thought it be square or rectangular. Well now I’m bionic.

I’ll be using some herbs Mary suggests for dealing with inflammation.

(Elena Serrano-trigila) #132

watched the you latest High Intensity Health tube video where Mike Mutzel interviews Steven Gundry. Many good things discussed, as in all mike’s videos, but one thing that caught my attention is that including good quality Olive oil, walnuts, etc in your diet can help create new neurons. This is based on a study with people that were 70 years young…there’s still hope peeps!!! Graned, we are talking a good quality and quantity (like 12 TBS per day):yum:

(Karen) #133

Whoa! 12 T of oil? It’s a whole day of calories right now. Like a fat fast.

(Running from stupidity) #134

:eyes:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #135

I learned that the top floor of the building where I work is supposedly haunted. I braved this boarded up third floor with only a flash light on my phone.

(Running from stupidity) #136

Go you!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #137

I found an old dresser drawer where some kid had written with a pencil inside, “Sweat pants and Jeas”. (yes, Jeas) :grin:

I could spend the whole day up there if the boss would let me!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #138

I learned it’s a rough road when everyone around you is confused.

I learned that biochemistry sounds pretty fun to learn. Took my daughter out for dinner and overheard two students at an adjacent table talking about gluconeogenesis and glycogen. I knew much of what they were talking about (and debating). Oh, to be a student again!

(Carl Keller) #140

Definitely looks creepy. Is the building really old?