What did you learn today?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #321

It had better be bullet-proof covfefe—the Secret Service has been deemed non-essential!

(Much as it pains me, I am refraining from making the obvious remark! :grin:)

Of course it is, I’m not marginal.

(Karen) #323

Fortunately no ,I don’t believe I damaged any tendons. I have overused that arm today by just moving it around and bumping into things and it hurts right now. I’m trying to do exercises with my hands so that I don’t get adhesions. I’m fairly positive right now because at least I am healing with the bone chunk in place.

(Karen) #324

Goodness just how old is he? He sounds like my dad.

(Running from stupidity) #325

Or he’s Saudi Arabian. (I can talk smack about them, I’m not in the US.)

(Lisa ) #326

The Saudi Arabian in my class was kicked out because he refuses to acknowledge women, or Maori health. If you spoke in a group setting and you weren’t a man he would act like the group was silent. He clearly came to his demise during the Obstetrics and Gynaecology placement. Can’t think why. :laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #327

Lisa, correlation does not imply causation, we know this.

(Lisa ) #328

:laughing::laughing:

This is true, if only he didn’t voice how the Saudi Arabian ideals trumped our humble New Zealand ones…

(Karen) #329

Sounds like Asperger’s syndrome. You need to take the difficult traits with the good qualities and yes, girlfriends are critical for your mental health:)

(Running from stupidity) #330

Sending this to my wife to tell her about the benefits I get from being on keto.

(Ellen) #331

Not a new thing, but casual sexism is still alive & well :unamused: Electrician this morning wouldn’t have expected me to be able to figure out the fuse box enough to realise where the issue was and re-plug all the important bits upstairs, sigh.

(Bob M) #332

You have an actual fuse box and not a breaker box? How old is your house?

(Ellen) #333

Apologies, it’s a breaker box, you’ll have to forgive me, I am after all only female.

(Karen) #334

Aspergers does run and his family. I cannot expect him to be who he is not, but if I need lightheartedness I need to seek out my girlfriends for fun.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #335

Karen

I did a DNA analysis and discovered I have a gene for no empathy. Told my wife. She was like so tell me something I don’t know.

(Karen) #336

Men and women are raised differently, trained differently and educated differently in the home. Although with the Internet you can find out how to do anything. My daughter is amazing at fixing things. I did raise my son more traditionally as a boy, and my girls more traditionally as girls in their skill set. But unless something is physically beyond your strength, or beyond your dexterity you can learn how to do it. The Internet can be a great equalizer.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #337

:+1::+1::+1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #338

:heart::joy::rofl::joy:

(Sophie) #339

I was so lucky. I was raised between 2 boys and my dad never treated me any differently than them. He made sure that I knew how to do stuff on my car, and usually enlisted my help with his various projects around the house, like enclosing our back porch to create another room (hanging sheet rock is a [spoiler]Bitch[/spoiler] btw). He’s also the one that taught me most of my cooking skills and gave me a love of canning and preserving.

(Sophie) #340

Today I learned that they actually make olives stuffed with anchovies!!! :heart_eyes::+1: