What did you learn today?

(KCKO, KCFO) #1460

Those are two of my favorite things. Sung in my imitation of Julie Andrews voice.

(Karim Wassef) #1461

ok… courage and confidence… :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #1462

That is awesome.

I learned today that bad science frequents in professional sports, as well - just like with nutrition, research is thrown around and interpreted as an individual sees fit. Sports as an institution/factory/business…:woman_facepalming:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #1464

I learned from the TV show, QI, that the term “killer whale” is a mistranslation of a Spanish word meaning “whale-killer.”

I learned that I might be smarter than the average bear, but not smarter than @FrankoBear.

:smile::smile:I think yogis have it together better than me. I’m just accumulative curious about things.

(Carl Keller) #1467

How about endurance? The next time you get grumpy for having to spend an hour at the market shopping for meat, remember this man who spent 8 hours chasing down his dinner:

Just as Graham Hancock would say-worst comes to worst, we would all flock to hunter-gatherers and beg them to take us in :wink:

(Doug) #1469

It would be quite a burden for those ~400,000 people, taking all 7,699,615,000 of us in. :smile:

I doubt that many of us would survive to flock… i need glasses or contacts, -6.5 on both eyes, i’m probably in the first line of “natural selection, only the fit survive” :wink:

(Karim Wassef) #1471

OMG

That’s why we’re hairless, bipedal and carry fat the way we do!?

Also… very carnivorous like whales and dolphins :smiley: … had to throw that in

The omega 3 probably accelerated our brain development too. :slight_smile:

I’ve learnt that even one hour of good excrercise has made a difference in my butt muscles and legs and i can feel the tone and firmness already. Its motivating at the least.

(Karim Wassef) #1473

(Libby) #1474

What I learned from the above video that Karim posted…

There is such a thing as Obesogenic Rat Chow! LOL! And it has the same proportions as the SAD! Yikes!

Also, you can tell if you are fat adapted by how much CO2 you exhale compared to how much oxygen you inhale. Does this mean it is “greener” to be fat adapted? Can I get some kind of tax break from this?

Also, the mitochondria in a 70 kilo person make 70 kilos of energy daily. Things that make me go hm. I wouldn’t mind someone explaining that further.

Nice video, great speaker. Thanks.

I learned today that putting grated Parmesan cheese on a George Foreman grill and frying it is the most amazing thing ever, and is a very fast way to eat almost an entire container of cheese…I’m going to feel that later, not regrets though :rofl:

Yep. And then they have the nerve to report that as “high fat”.

(Karim Wassef) #1477

Sometimes, we just need a hand

Not to help us, or pick us up, but just to be there - the power of human contact (physical or virtual) is amazing

Severe IR can create insulin levels of 1000. :dizzy_face:

And a couple of fructose related tidbits.

(Karim Wassef) #1479

forward 11 minutes in… wow!

some people have a muted GIP (gastrointestinal peptide), so eating sugar doesn’t cause as significant an insulin effect! Eating glucose increases insulin MORE than taking intravenous glucose - and this is why.

19 minutes in… high basal insulin (fasting insulin) can stop weight loss, even with keto (in the beginning) since it’s not diet based.

33 minutes in… lean mass loss with fasting (increasing and then decreasing)

35 minutes in… metabolism increases for the first three days of fasting, and then drops…

37 minutes in… the “furnace” model

40 minutes in… protein sparing modified fast (0.7g / lb of total mass)