What did you Keto today?

(Ryan Lindsey) #1883

Cooked 1kg of bacon (one whole package of the really thick stuff!) - I was planning on frying mushroom and leek in the grease, but it turned into deep frying given how much grease there was!

Jimmy’s crispy kale video got me thinking about frying other stuff, I’ve been making kale a whole bunch lately!

One brick of sliced, smoked pork. Scrambled bacon, as I have tended to call it. That or a bacon orgy.

The mushrooms and leek cooked down quite a bit, and got crispy, as intended!

This might only be one or two pieces short of the whole brick of bacon - I did eat a few slices for breakfast :smiley:

(Ryan Lindsey) #1884

From a couple of days ago: The creamy chicken casserole from Diet Doctor

Most of the way cooked and assembled

After the baking in the oven:

Another Angle:

(Cathy) #1885

That looks amazing! I am going to give that a try really soon.

(Ernest) #1886

I cook that much bacon on a baking sheet in the oven

(Patrick B.) #1887

Sous vide steak with red peppers and mushrooms with a bit of dill creme fraiche.

(Ryan Lindsey) #1888

I cooked in the oven for a while, but in a pan is much faster (8-10min., Not 45min - 1h), and I don’t have to line a cookie sheet with either parchment or tin foil. Feels less wasteful in the pan - at least that’s how I currently feel, I might switch back in the future.

Ninja edit:
This was earlier this month:

I stack them up to fit more on a sheet - actually I kept looking around for ways to cook more at a time, because a pan wasn’t fast enough!

(Susanna B) #1889

I know some don’t do tomatoes but they fit my macros! Grilled pork, Greek salad, yellow zucchini cooked in butter and my super low carb cheese,egg, pork rind flour muffins!

The perfect bite indeed, Ernest!

Your photos and presentation are so beautiful!

Battered and deep fried octopus, squid, shrimp and mussels … “fritto misto”

with tangy caper-thyme-lemon dip…

(Jessika Nilsson) #1892

Oh, that lowcarb bun looks nice, do you happen to have the recipe or did you enjoy it a restaurant? :slight_smile:

(Cathy) #1893

I make it and it is pretty good. I have made a number of different ‘breads’ over the years and this one is the first that actually has the texture of bread (or very close).

(Jessika Nilsson) #1894

Huh, I’ve actually used that recipe before, it works well for both buns and bread :blush: But yours look a bit different, darker. Have you edited the recipe in any way? Or is it just the light playing tricks with my eyes? :sweat_smile:

(Cathrine Helle) #1895

Easy keto tonight. Beef burger with cheddar, and pan cooked out with spinach, some tomatoes, some feta cheese and hwc. Seasoned with simple salt, pepper and chilli powder. Very good :blush:

(Ernest) #1896

@Fiorella what did you use for your batter?

(Cathy) #1897

You are right. They are darker in colour but that is because of the brand of psyllium husk that I used. The other brand was lighter and looked more like the ones in the recipe pic.

(Ernest) #1898

Sausage

(roxanna) #1899

I’ve got my 48 hour sous vide waiting for me at home tonight!

I usually don’t share my meals here, but her’s today’s dinner, inspired by Carl.
Fried Cod withe Keto breading and home made tartar sauce. Those veggies are today’s carbs.

Keto Nachos

Sous vide eggs 75C 13mins, first-time, not sure about the whites yoke was bang on.