What did you Keto today?

Liver and hollandaise sauce

I am sorry, I have to say “ew” :wink:

So good for you but… liver. Ugh!

(Arlene) #1241

I totally agree with you. I am an excellent cook, and I have never had any liver from any animal that was worth eating. It doesn’t matter how I prepare it. It still tastes like liver…yuk! I’m always amazed that there are actually people out there that like it, and even eat it on purpose. I might choose to eat it, if there was no other food on the planet, and I was starving.

one exception - chicken liver pate. I love it. I do probably put more butter in than liver but it is amazing.

Cauliflower Pizza Casserole! Super delicious!!!

(Jonathan Bowers) #1244

(What The Fast?!) #1245

I realize this doesn’t look as delicious as it is…but I made a red coconut curry soup (with bone broth) and added quail eggs and broccoli/cauliflower.

Yum! Have you posted the recipe? If not, please load it up to recipes, recipes, recipes; I’d love to give it a try!

(What The Fast?!) #1247

I just threw it together: some bone broth, water, red curry paste, coconut milk, a dash of fish sauce, and lime leaves. I had just hard boiled some quail eggs so I threw a few in along with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. No meat needed because the bone broth I used has 9g protein per serving plus the quail eggs.

(David) #1248

Definitely an acquired taste with the time to acquire being longer than the normal human lifespan.

I fry in butter and eat straight from the pan because I think it is a healthy food to eat. Can’t say I enjoy it but I prefer chicken liner and lambs liver given a choice.

(Scott Telfer) #1249

Thai soups / curries and laksa convert so well to Keto! I’m surprised they’re not more popular

(What The Fast?!) #1250

Agree! Lots of Thai food, as long as you use the right vegetables. I was also thinking of Indian paneer.

(Arlene) #1251

Where do you find quail eggs?

(matt ) #1252

Sweet Italian sausage with just a few peppers and onions and a touch of tomato sauce.

(Jacquie) #1253

There’s also a nice Thai recipe for pork belly I use often. I fry sliced pork belly in organic refined coconut oil (no coconut flavour).

(What The Fast?!) #1254

Farmers market :slight_smile:

Pig cheek , parsnip, carrots & butternut squash

(Clare) #1256

Roquefort and walnut salad for lunch and it’s steak with blue cheese hollandaise for dinner! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Andrew Anderson) #1257

Rib eye, eggs, bacon/blue cheese salad.

I could so eat that right now