What did you Keto today?

Lunch for me was; 100g double Gloucester cheese, 2 boiled eggs, 2 hand full of nuts and raw red & sweet heart marinated in lemon juice, olive oil and salad over night (an experiment which i’ll do again but less sweetheart due to its carb content).

(Siobhan) #474

I’m having pork rinds and tea for dinner. Very cultured.

Yesterday I had garlic chicken (an adaption of a family recipe “40 clove garlic chicken” to serve one person and for more fat and fewer carbs), and 5 minute peanut butter cheesecake (cream cheese, sour cream, 1 tbsp of peanut butter a little bit of erythritol mixed and shoved into the freezer until set). I want for nothing.

(softail925) #475

NY steak w/ sauteed mushrooms & sauteed brussel sprouts!

(AnnaLeeThal) #476

Breakfast was two egg cups with hollandaise sauce and some Keto oatmeal with butter. Coffee with butter and coffee booster.

Lunch I had a burger topped with cheese, guacamole, onion, lettuce, tomato, and chipotle mayo. Extra pickles

Just now I made a chocolate mug cake. Was feeling like something sweet. Turned out pretty decent, I was surprised.

what’s a coffee booster?

(AnnaLeeThal) #478

Coffee Booster - Top Quality Blend of Grass-fed Ghee, Coconut Oil, and Cacao, 14 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D19RF3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zlPIybRNNV3YH

I got it for christmas

Oh that’s cool. Sort of a BPC mocha kit! Never heard of it.

(Jonathan Bowers) #480

Buffalo dip with jalapeño and blue cheese crumbles. Scooped up and eaten with cheese whisps.

(Becky Searls) #481

Speaking of BPC mocha-made one the other day and it was so good!

But having s kit would be way easier!
Also made one with almond butter and cacao and wow! Yum!

(Michelle) #482

oooh, how much cream cheese, sour cream do you use? this sounds yummy… :slight_smile:

(Siobhan) #483

I didn’t really measure, but I made it again just now and did lol. It is about 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, shy of 1 tbsp peanut butter, and sweetener (of choosing) to taste.
Stick the cream cheese and sour cream in the microwave until softened (15-30 seconds) or just blend together softened cream cheese and sour cream, then mix together with other ingredients and put in freezer for about an hour (not until frozen but until the cream cheese sets).
That’s about 4g NET per serving, but I only eat once a day (usually just dinner) so that leaves ~15g NET carbs for dinner and I rarely ever reach that high for one meal. 2g of those carbs comes from the peanut butter though, so you could easily swap it out with something else and get it lower.
Hope that helps :slight_smile:
If you try it let me know what you think. It really was just something I threw together because I wanted cheesecake.

@siobhan…you are my hero when you said “I didn’t measure”… That’s how I prepare food, too. :laughing: I just pay attention to fundamental cooking techniques.

(Siobhan) #485

Yup, if I’m just cooking for myself I don’t bother measuring. I’ve made (nonketo) cheesecake plenty of times before this so I knew what I was looking for and just scaled down and took out the egg for a no-bake. Everyone should be taught fundamental cooking techniques, they’re amazingly useful and it means you can cook no matter what you’ve got on hand/if you’re running low on ingredients/etc. :slight_smile:

(Stephanie Hanson) #486

What do you think of the coffee booster?

(AnnaLeeThal) #487

Meh. It doesn’t taste good by itself in coffee. Maybe with a little sweetener it would be good. I add butter. I won’t buy more after it’s gone.

(Becky Searls) #488

Update to this: just found and ordered this on amazon:
Coffee booster: ghee, coconut oil, and cacao powder! BPC mocha in a jar, no sweeteners added! Yay!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D19RF3Q/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

Will report back how it is!

(Lauren Malhoit) #489

My kitchen is under construction so I fired up the grill in 30 Fahrenheit and made a Merguez sausage and a kitchen sink sausage (uses all parts of a pig, including internal organs). Also bought some fresh asparagus and some truffle oil and threw that on the grill too! Added some creamy Dutchman’s Breeches blue cheese too!

(Genevieve Biggs) #490

Steak. Bacon. Eggs. I’m so bored. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awwwwww yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh! Oozing of egg yolk all over steak and bacon…yummers!!!

(matt ) #492

48 hour sous vide roast brushed with bacon fat and coated in blackening seasoning. Then seared in bacon fat. Served with bacon fat poured over it and topped with bleu cheese dressing and crumbles. You could sell this.