What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Definitely!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #122

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #124

Warning!

Not everyoneā€™s cup of tea!

Lunch today. Iā€™m hungry!
Stirfry of pork belly, rabbit kidneys (yup!), broccoli and topped with an egg, over easy.
Edit: Add mushrooms too.

The rabbit came from a local farm that sells at the market. The kidneys arenā€™t popular (surprise!) So theyā€™re CHEAP! :grinning:

A glass of water.
Because last night I went off-keto!
With a large glass of wine.
A small new potato.
An enormous portion of Creme Caramel with a small sachet of brown sugar sprinkled on it.

(Doug) #126

ā€˜Challenge Butterā€™ was in Walmart and Iā€™ve been on Kerrygold for a while now, decided to try the slightly cheaper option. More salty than salted Kerrygold, but damn good - have eaten almost half a stick, little slivers at a time, waitingā€¦

Waiting because the meat is still frozen. Lately, thereā€™ve been radio ads: ā€œ20 ribeyes for $30.ā€ Found out itā€™s Omaha Steaks. Figured itā€™s an attempt to lure people in and upsell them, and boy, is it ever, but normally ribeyes are priced from $27 per lb. up to beyond-stupid heights at Omaha Steaks, thus Iā€™ve never even thought of buying from them.

$6.86/lb. is low enough that as long as the meat is decent, I wouldnā€™t kick myself, so I went and got one $30 package. A whopping 4.37lbs./1.98kg. :neutral_face: This means that each steak is a diminutive 3.5 ounces/99 grams. :smile:

Have 10 steaks thawing out for a little laterā€¦

(Blessed with butter ) #127

I like the innerds just not liver :crazy_face:

(Adriana) #128

Planning on making one of these on sunday :smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #129

Funny thing: I like calf liver when cooked properly. The two people in my life who have cooked the best calves liver are my Mom and my MILā€¦and neither liked liver at all.

I canā€™t do liver either. Chicken :face_vomiting: calf :face_vomiting:ā€¦Iā€™ve had Dove hearts and find them very tasty

(Adriana) #131

:joy:

(Blessed with butter ) #132

Are you talking about beefarts.

An acquired taste, Iā€™m sure.

How do you keep them from stinging you? :grin:

(Blessed with butter ) #134

So funny. Thatā€™s what we call beef hearts. Cause they give me gas. Lol. Broccoli to we call it befarts salad

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Headed out with my team for lunch, they all ended up at different food trucks (carbs carbs carbs) so I headed to the restaurant of one of our nearby offices and ended up with dark chicken meat and cauliflower with a mass of sea salt. We then all ate lunch together. Very yummy.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #137

:joy:
Are you British?
I hear my Dadā€™s voice saying ā€œbeef 'arts!ā€
He was from Birmingham England.

(Deborah ) #138

Yep, sounds about right. Their meat is good, but their portions are pathetic. :smirk:

(Adriana) #139

Lunch today: pork and chipotle empanadas! Ate them at my desk with sour cream on top.

Very Cool! :+1: - And now one of my favorite food pics! :slight_smile: