What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Fajita Salad

Oh yum, that looks so good! I’ve never had homemade fajitas - only in Mexican restaurants. Love the stuff. Is it easy to make (do you use a pre-mixed spice blend)?

Sorry, @buxomlass, Mexican food restaurant.

My theory, enough people were substituting the beans and rice on the fajitas with salad and not eating the tortillas, that they finally put this item on the menu. At least that’s what I want to believe. :grin:

I ordered this one with extra beef.

Lunch at The Habit Burger Grill, my only meal today. Double Charburger with no lettuce, no tomato, no onions, no pickles, no mayo, add an extra patty, lettuce wrap (which I ended up eating separately as I’m not a huge fan of lettuce-wrapped burgers), add bacon and avocado on the side. I added some of the avocado to the burger but ate the rest of it using the bacon as a scoop. Yum!

Keto experiences at restaurants
(Running from stupidity) #205

Nobody wants to see a photo of that, so you can see my stats. And yes, ONCE AGAIN I’m struggling to get enough calories. Despite my post about it yesterday…

(TBF, I did tell my wife I wanted 2 x chicken sausages in order to get my calories up, but then she decided it smelled too good, or something, so I got one…)

Yeah, I’ve been having fajita salads at my fave Mex for ages - it’s great. (With extra cheese and sour cream on the side, natch. Om nom nom.)

Was hoping to recreate at home somehow, because the way they do the meat it tastes soooo good.

(Allie) #207

Same. All the recipes seem to take too long and have too many ingredients, even the ones that claim to be quick and easy.

(Ashley) #208

That’s basically how I feel, in the beginning I did it all the time by following recipes. Now I rarely do, I just wing it mostly. I prefer simplicity. And most recipes say it’s simple, and ends up being like 15 ingredients. Gets too expensive over time.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #209

Yeah I know :eyes: so I ate it’s face off :pig:

(Allie) #210

Belly pork seasoned with salt and pepper with red cabbage fried in butter with salt, pepper, and season all.

Another OMAD day I expect.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #211

So would you be if I just stuck a fork in you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Sophie) #212

I’ve felt this subtle shift also. The last 2 Mexican places I’ve been to, I’ve asked for Chicharonies instead of tortilla chips and at both places they had walked out with a huge plate of fresh out of the oil fried pork skins! :open_mouth: I was blown away! And they are always happy to give me extra salad/guac/pico instead of rice & beans.

@buxomlass you should look in your area for a Mexican Carniceria. They usually have raw beef & chicken fajitas with peppers & onions and already pre-seasoned for sale. All you have to do is run home and fry them up!

@Mic Can you give me the recipe for those fatbombs, they look amazing!

That never occurred to me. :exploding_head:
Great advise, Sophie. Thanks! :+1:

(Allie) #215

Not an OMAD day after all as I decided, after getting soaked in the rain two days in a row, that I deserved a treat so made this chocolate mug cake topped with sweetened and flavoured whipped heavy cream and sugar free butterscotch syrup…

I’m coming up with some weird recipes this month as it’s a tight month financially and I’ve banned myself from buying food (except fresh stuff like eggs & cream) to save money, just using up things from the cupboards & freezer instead.

Actually discovered that half a can of tuna blended with three eggs and cooked as pancakes works really well, topped with sugar free maple syrup…

Also planning to go dairy free once all the dairy is used up too, provisionally for a month but who knows what may happen if I feel benefit from it. That’ll force me to get more creative :open_mouth:

Wow! I thought you were at a restaurant, @Shortstuff.

That looks wonderful!

This should be interesting. I hope you share more ideas!

(Sophie) #218

What’s even more amazing is that both places didn’t charge me for them!!! :open_mouth:
I will admit though, I did have some back ups in my purse both times, just in case. Maybe that insurance policy was how come they were provided. 10 to 1 if I wasn’t packin pork skins, I’d have been SOL. :roll_eyes::smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #219

Aaaaaand…
That’s where I get my “chicharron con carne” which is 1" thick slices of pork belly, deep fried until crunchy and chewy, then salted. OMG. Try them.

(Sophie) #220

You must be referring to these…

I’ve been doing this for a looooong time… :yum::smile: And did ya notice the grease stains on that paper bag? That means there’s somethin Good in there! :laughing: