What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I thought the same, actually I only have the yellow one (turmeric, of course, that brilliant color…) because I made experiments at Easter… I usually only have the brown ones (balsamic vinegar and optionally soy sauce as well). At Easter, I used onion peels too but on eggs with their shells on… No photo because I wasn’t very pleased with the results, they were pretty but the color came off too easily and the result color wasn’t as pretty. I still couldn’t shot it but I barely never did photos back then, now I surely would grab my camera and do something with whatever eggs I have!
I will make more experiments in the future. I want blue eggs too. And of course, the wonderful ones with beetroot and too much patience I am not sure I possess… The brown and yellow ones are pretty nice in a single day… I eat my eggs too quickly :smiley:

@OgreZed: Bread is very delicious to me… Well, it depends on the bread. And some rice is flavorful too (like Jasmine), the normal one is a bit bland, yes, I don’t miss it at all and never was a big fan. Pasta is tasty if it’s full with good eggs…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1166

Chorizo and Eggs

Mexican Chorizo, Onions, Jalapeño, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream and Cilantro :cowboy_hat_face:

(Karen) #1167

Big A€*# Salad. Hahaha. Bon Appétite :joy::rofl:

(Karen) #1168

Strip steak. Cauliflower mushroom risotto, and spinach, strawberry, goat cheese, walnut salad. DH had mashed potatoes.

(Jody) #1169

Friday OMAD:

2 x 1/3 lb [GF/f 70/30] Beef patties on cheese wraps w/ homemade mayo, canned mushrooms and broccoli w/ cheese and butter

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1170

Cheeseburger Salad

Half pounder with Compté Cheese on a bed of Iceberg Lettuce, Cucumber, Sauerkraut and Cilantro dressed with Red Wine Vinegar, EVO and Italian Herbs topped with Avocado and Kalamata Olives. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Jane) #1171

Cultured my own sour cream :smiley:

So easy. Sterilize a pint mason jar, fill the hot jar with heavy cream. Add 3 Tbl buttermilk and set on your countertop for 24 hours.

I gave it a stir about halfway to mix it as it was thicker on the bottom.

You can culture your own buttermilk also, which I will be doing from now on with a previous batch like I do yogurt. I love the Bulgarian strains and had to get the Bulgarian yogurt as a starter in Ft Worth at a high-end grocery. Always save some for the next batch.

My buttermilk is also a Bulgarian strain from a local dairy so will be culturing from it from now on.

(Candy Lind) #1172

Sounds great! I have questions about the buttermilk (uneducated here!) - is buttermilk cultured when you get it at the store? Does this make it lower carb? I always thought it was all the carbs left behind when you took out the butter. What do you use it for? I only ever used it for pancakes & dressing. :woman_shrugging:

I’m far less cultured. Mine are “JB” - Jethro Bodine! :rofl::rofl::crazy_face:

(Candy Lind) #1174

Looked in the fridge, saw the head of cabbage, the rest is history. Chicken crack slaw for brekky! Sing along with me - :musical_score: :notes: “Chicken crack slaw, and I don’t care” :notes::rofl:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1175

This was breakfast.

And we’ve just had lunch in the garden - no pic as I’d left my gadgetry in the house. Cheese and ham on chaffle toast served with THE best salad ever - shredded iceberg, kraut, celery and coriander leaves with mayo, served on our first homegrown lettuce leaves (we’re onto the lettuce ‘proper’ now, no more thinnings). The salad had a kind of krauty coleslaw/rémoulade combo feel.

It’s an absolutely glorious day here in south-east UK - hot and very sunny. Apparently there’s a chance of an overnight frost tonight, though, followed by some cool, wet days. Oh well!

(Jane) #1176

Yes, it is cultured from milk. I bought some powdered buttermilk culture but it hasn’t arrived yet and I was curious if my store bought buttermilk still had live cultures in it. Apparently it does!

I use it mainly for homemade ranch dressing. And every 2 weeks I make sourdough waffles from my starter and it calls for buttermilk. I only have half a waffle but still a lot of carbs, hence the every 2 weeks deal.

Dinner was hamburger, fried with bacon and smothered in Farmer’s cheese, fried onion and the other half of the red bell pepper. Tasty and very satisfying. Late lunch was one slice of ham wrapped in a lettuce leaf with some mayo. It was more of a snack than a lunch.

('Jackie P') #1178

Took my grated cheese, spring onion, celery and mayo chaffwiches to Mum’s.

Her garden is so beautiful, and we spent a few peaceful hours chatting. 6 feet apart of course!

Perfect.

Apparently so! Good job I have saved a few untidy cupboards specially :confused:

Hi All. This is part introduction and also a contribution to my favorite topic. New here, 58 year old female. I’ve been eating low carb (and IF 17:7) for about 2 months, Mostly for the health benefits. I’m at a good weight with plenty of energy. I’m in the Midwest and love to cook and bake.

Turkey hash with peppers, onion, celery, and cauliflower rice. Seasonings were paprika, garlic, oregano, thyme, Salt, pepper, and Cayenne pepper. And a sprinkling of scallions over the top.

This dish isn’t really fancy, but oh gosh did it hit the spot. Flavors were so balanced and the egg on top was like the proverbial cherry on top. I really enjoy eating this way and hope to contribute more often.

(Karen) #1180

Another salad. This is a picture before I added my warmed up sardines. They come packed in olive oil. Cabbage, brussels sprouts, kale mix. Pickled carrots and onions. Sunflower seeds mushrooms radishes and mozzarella

Skipped Dinner again last night, so decided to make a Meaty Breakfast Pizza today for lunch…

Wife, Son & I all had ate 1/4 slice. Quite filling, so the rest went in the fridge. Lots of Meats & Cheese.
IMG_3501 IMG_3504

I’m smoking a rack of pork spare ribs and I’ve already finished a pair of pork tenderloins.

('Jackie P') #1183

Right old mish mash tonight!

Refried sausage, onion and tomato with halloumi cheese :yum:
Welcome @Athena61 :blush:

(Steve) #1184

Looks great Dave! What dough recipe are you using?

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #1185

Hi and welcome @Athena61 - looks fantastic!

@CrackerJax - great you’ve seen your mum - her garden is beautiful!

Fish pie and the ubiquitous asparagus tonight. Delicious! Bowl of crème fraîche and homemade strained yoghurt for pud (not pictured - already in tummy!).