What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Laurie) #4531

The local store had Cambozola, at about triple the Costco price! So I had a nice “dessert” after supper.

(Laurie) #4532

I had some yogurt dip (made with “yogurt cheese,” i.e., yogurt with the excess liquid drained out) that needed to be used up. So I mixed it with egg, and made crepes. The first one got messed up because I rolled it too soon. The second one was too brown. The yogurt cheese made this more crepe-y than using plain egg.

(Robin) #4533

Yes… I would love that!

Indeed. Plain egg is egg but when I add sour cream or mascarpone, it becomes a pancake (thin pancake but I just can’t call my thin pancakes crepe, I like the word pancake and people actually call the thin one pancake too. even though they usually put flour into them so they may say THOSE are pancakes but mine aren’t. but flour isn’t what makes a pancake a pancake if you ask me :smiley: my SO disagrees so he gets floury ones, 5-10g per egg! you can’t expect me to add much more, I have feelings and instincts and principles) so it seems logical to me that the yogurt cheese has the same effect!
I sttuggled with SO MUCH with my keto pancakes… And the solution was so, so easy… Egg and some proper dairy for the trick. I don’t eat pancakes all the time lately, I try to avoid dairy and I have my scrambled eggs phase but I had 2 pancakes today :slight_smile:

My photo of the biggest part of my lunch got ugly, it’s in the carni thread though :smiley: But not good enough to upload it again.

I made pork meat-skin-egg fried things again :slight_smile: I like this as we both eat it gladly. My SO has his carbs but he needs some protein thing on top even if one of the carby side dishes (he tends to have two) has legumes. So I just give him something fatty animal protein :slight_smile: He has the same side dishes for days (6 days this time, how the thing didn’t spoil I don’t know) so I provide variety but it doesn’t mean I want to do something only for him. Meat works (not all the time, he is against meat every day but he got very close… he changes too, not only me, it’s always the case when I change my woe :wink: he’s flexible to some extent, he just needs HCHF all his life, it seems. I can work with that), egg works and combos work :slight_smile: I often have a little leftover boiled skin from my processed pork jowl and it’s so, so good with eggs especially if meat is included too (the skin is little anyway). Only then if you ask my SO :slight_smile: I like to make both of us content.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #4535

You sure do love you some salmon :rofl:

(Laurie) #4536

@x-Dena-x Not particularly. I just make huge batches of things. I made salmon salad with 3 cans of salmon, and had to use it up!

This weekend, I attempted to ketofy this recipe for Salted Dark Chocolate Tart: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/amazing-salted-dark-chocolate-tart/
I used sugar-free chocolate and maple syrup, everything else the same. It is intensely, outrageously rich. I only made a half quantity and have ended up slicing it into little squares like fudge. I reckon each one probably still has about 3-4 carbs! But if you’re going to wallow in artificial sweeteners for an evening, I can think of worse options… With extra rock salt sprinkled on top… image image

Hmm, not sure why my pics go sideways these days…

(Robin) #4539

Yowza!

(Jane) #4540

Sous vide london broil, riced cauliflower medley and some fried Houlimi cheese.

(Laurie) #4541

Another easy and tasty ground beef dish. I cook 3 pounds of ground beef in the oven. Meanwhile, I heat some Pace’s Picante Sauce, which I add when the meat is done. I was using a 648 ml (22 oz) jar of Picante Sauce, but to reduce carbs I now use just half a jar. (Tastes better with the whole jar.)

(Robin) #4542

Everything tastes better with the whole jar, period. :wink:

(Butter Withaspoon) #4543

Today I ate before a trip to doctor. lamb ribs plus a few green and red salad accompaniments. I was very interested to measure blood pressure after an experiment with reducing my salt and increasing my water drinking over last few weeks, just to see if it helped.

And then I forgot to get doctor to take the BP! :sob: I was there for other reasons. Kicking myself and wondering if I could find a chemist to do it on way home. I practised relaxing SO HARD this morning :sob::sob:

(Laurie) #4544

Inside round, oven cooked at 200° F (93° C). I was reluctant to try cooking and eating roast beef. I have esophagus problems and can’t eat most “solid” meats. But I thought I might be okay if I could slice it thinly enough. Success!

(Karen) #4545

Looks very tasty

(Laurie) #4546

Thank you. It was tasty when warm, not so good cold (and it was tough when cold).

I’ve tried a few times to photograph scrambled eggs, but they always look yucky. I use lots of butter and nothing else, and stir them constantly over medium-low heat. Not photogenic, but delicious.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4547

We’re pretty much at the limit here. Please continue in Part V.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) closed #4548

I actually think the limit is 10,000 replies, if I’m not mistaken, and since a few of the others went past 8,000, but it doesn’t hurt to start a new one. Thanks.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4550

The number of images can sometimes be a problem, even if the post limit hasn’t been reached. So I thought, why not?