What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Karen) #3207

Simple breakfast image

Lunch… Bacon, Sausage links, minced meat and Eggs. Root Beer Zevia.

IMG_6401

(Neil) #3209

Tracy, I love that you’re making your own kefir from scratch! I tried that once, many years ago, but gave up when I realized that I was never going to be able to drink enough milk to keep up with those bacteria and keep them healthy. :slight_smile: I’m tempted to try again, though, now that you’ve reminded me of that experience. Where do you get your grains?

(Jane) #3210

Instant pot pork roast with gravy

Dinner… Some Spiral Ham the Wife baked and some Chicken from the two Rotisserie Chickens she did last night. Plus a little Mayo.

IMG_6403

(Karen) #3212

I’ve been making some sun basket meals. This one uses ground chicken, baby bok choy, radishes, and salsa. prep…

I’ve never cooked ground chicken. It worked pretty well. We used Chinese seven spice. Shichimi Togarashi

(Tracy) #3213

I got my grains on Amazon. You’ll get about a teaspoon and once you get it growing, you’ll have grains coming out your ears. I was also drinking it like crazy. I would add hazelnut syrup to it and drink it by the quart. The milk purchasing is an issue. You have to find a balance of purchasing milk to match what you’ll eat to match keeping the kefir alive, and so on. You can find methods of preserving your grains by drying them to save for when you are ready to start again.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3214

Avocado and egg… beautiful. Shape and texture in harmony. Made to be together.

(Candy Lind) #3215

Taking care of some leftovers from the freezer before I start cooking/baking. Turkey veg soup. I don’t buy these stuffed criminis often (because I can stuff my own), but these were 50% off so I grabbed them. YUM. Spinach & mozz.image

Dinner… Turkey, Ham and two Italian Sausages.

IMG_6405

(Karen) #3218

Burger for dinnerimage

(Tracy) #3220

Chicken Pot Pie. It’s not pretty because the crust doesn’t act like a wheat flour crust, but it was yummy!!

(Karen) #3221

Still looks yummy!!

Lunch… Couple BLT’s.

IMG_6408

(Tracy) #3223

I never gave bean sprouts a chance before because I was too busy eating noodles and rice. They are surprisingly crisp for being canned and hold up well in stir fry. This is a game changer. Any recipe ideas? I made egg foo young with them and really enjoyed it.![IMG_3692|375x500](upload://79H

R370Sq9Cs0yjirCWm6C9Cqc.jpeg)

Dinner… Sous Vide Steak Salad. 2 Sweet Italian Sausages and Egg Salad with Ham.

IMG_6409

IMG_6411

(Jody) #3225

Making a rare appearence with a food picture. Dinner tonight was:

3 x Air Fried Chicken Thighs
8oz Bolied Shrimp
2oz Raw Milk Cheddar Cheese
Later (Not pictured) 1 pint of Rebel Mint Chip Ice Cream

I am still here and still losing weight (from >400 to 185 (as of this morning)). I don’t post a lot of pictures because the majority of my meals consist of 1lb of raw ground beef. I know some people don’t like to see it … so I just usually skip those days. lol

How do you eat the raw ground beef? Is it cold? Do you salt it?

(Jody) #3227

Cold. Sometimes a little salt, raw egg yolk, or even some G Hughes SF Ketchup.

Usually, just a little salt TBH.

My mom would have told you to add some eggs, finely chopped onion, salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh parsley if you have it.