Apple cabbage slaw, salmon with harissa, summer squash with sumac

(Troy) #3168

Sounds like a good alternative right now for me
I guess I can google :wink:

What’s the recipe for this?
Crushed pork rind added?

Thanks

Today’s TMAD…

Lunch… Lunch Pizza. Bacon, Ham and Sausage Egg Based.
IMG_6361

Dinner… Couple Cheese Burgers with Sour Cream.
IMG_6362

(Neil) #3170

Wild game sausages cooked sous vide: duck with Armagnac, wild boar with sherry wine, lamb merguez with harissa, venison with dried cherries, and rabbit with ginger.

(Neil) #3171

A Middle Eastern feast for my father-in-law’s birthday:

Fattoush, without the bread:

Baked lamb with tahini:

Moroccan-spiced carrots with pistachios, raisins and goat cheese:

And later, an evening snack of burrata, served over arugula with a simple balsamic vinaigrette:

(Neil) #3172

A mix of cow, goat and sheep cheeses, served on a new marble cheese board that I got as a Secret Santa gift from work:

Bacon-wrapped pork sausages stuffed with jalapeños, which were themselves filled with cheese:

Cold days call for warm pumpkin soup garnished with fresh thyme and pumpkin seeds:

(Jody) #3173

Saturday Picture:

3 Turducken Sausages (2 were camera shy :smile: ), 20oz Ribeye and hollandaise sauce.

Which did you like best and why?

(Neil) #3175

The duck was the richest and would be my first choice. I also really liked the flavour of the wild boar!

(Tracy) #3176

You have the classiest dishes. I really enjoy the pictures you post. Any chance you have gone to culinary school?

(Tracy) #3177

That slaw looks delicious! I love apples and really miss them. I’m about to make an apple dessert, but it will be made with chayote squash. Pictures and review to come.

(Neil) #3178

Aww, thank you Tracy! I have no formal culinary training, just a growing collection of cookbooks and a passion for eating :slight_smile:

(Susan) #3179

Carnivore today, striploin and bacon.

Mmm, as side of bacon, that’s always a winner! :yum:

Todays’ TMAD…

Lunch… Fried Eggs, Sausage links and Sausage Gravy on Chaffles.

Dinner… Dungeness Crabs and Shrimp.

(Tracy) #3182

I’m glad sausage gravy actually comes out pretty decent when ketofied. I use heavy cream and thin it with some water and a bit of Xanthan Gum. Is that how you make yours?

We used Cream Cheese this time, melted it into the sausage mix, and then used Almond Milk to thin to the consistency that we wanted. I personally think this works well, but the Cream Cheese can make it a bit rich for some. But I personally like Cream Cheese, so this doesn’t bother me. - We have used heavy whipping cream as well, and for thickening, we have used Glucomannan powder that works well.

(Tracy) #3184

I’ll try the cream cheese version. I actually don’t use HWC often and when I do it’s in very small amounts. When I see a recipe that calls for 2 cups of HWC I skip it.

(Tracy) #3185

My pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving. We had a totally Keto dinner and there was no deprivation. I used the pie crust from gnom-gnom.com and it was fabulous. Any pumpkin custard you like will work and you’ll know how to ketofy it.

That looks good, and funny I was actually telling the Wife the other day I actually wouldn’t mind making a Keto version of Pumpkin Pie. So I will be checking the crust link out. Thanks.

And yeah, the Cream Cheese is nice. It shows to be just under, or less than 8 carbs for the full 8oz. block, so I prefer it. We’ve used it in a lot of things we wanted to add some creamy gravy to, but again, some do say it can be a bit rich. But I enjoy it. :slight_smile: