What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Robin) #2883

I’ll bite.

(Robin) #2884

I bow down to your bounty. I would have no place to put all that, but I would probably feel like I won the lottery (or just got four new tires)!

(What else is there to talk about?) #2885

Wow! That’s beautiful!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Doug) #2886

Alex, planning a big weekend? :smile::sunglasses:

(Alex ) #2887

@OldDoug

nah, that’s just a light snack for me :wink:

(Alex ) #2888

we have a big chest freezer Robin, looks as though we won’t be household mixing whatsoever here in the UK during Xmas though, especially judging by news announcements today, so best to get shed loads of meat in for ourselves only! :wink:

This has always been my policy, pandemic or not.

(Tracy) #2890

I’m intrigued by the marshmallow. It’s literally gelatin, water, Allulose, and vanilla and you beat it on high speed for 15 minutes in a stand mixer. The graham crackers were pretty low carb too, with only 1 cup of almond flour, 3 T of Allulose, and a few other harmless ingredients to make a pretty big batch. Then there’s the one square of bakers chocolate, so I’d say it’s less than 3 carbs for a decent size piece. This one was my husband’s and I had a thin layer of unsweetened PB instead of chocolate.

(Jody) #2891

Thursday OMAD:

6 x Scrambled Eggs
5 x Wild Mushroom Chicken Sausages
1 x 1/3 ln hampbuger patty
1/2c Cottage Cheese (not pictured)
2c Cachew Milk (not pictured)

I did snack (while making dinner) on a little ham and hummus that is not pictured

(Karen) #2892

Dinner
Shirataki noodles with mushrooms and tomatoes herbs and olive oil, green beans with bacon fat, marinated chicken thighs, chopped cabbage salad

Broke a 67 hr. Fast, which I wasn’t planning on breaking, but unfortunately, the Wife called me at work to say the freezer wasn’t apparently working, since the top layer of things were thawing out. Had to have them take everything else down to the deep freezer, and those things thawed will be used in the next few days. (Pups included with this, of course) but at least nothing will be wasted… So had 4 - 1/4 lb. Hotdogs and a Top Sirloin. Also had a Black Cherry Zevia & an Almond Milk, & about 6 or 8 Almonds.

IMG_6015 IMG_6016

(Jane) #2894

Took a 4-lb pork but and cut into large chunks and cooked for 40 min in my instant pot. Then smoked for 2 hrs usubg hickory chips. Best pulled pork I’ve ever made

Few hours later, I had some Deviled Eggs and Shrimp. Then was asked to eat the last piece of the Wife’s Chocolate Cheesecake to make room… in the fridge of course, not in me. :smile:

IMG_6018

IMG_6019

(Laurie) #2896

What a helpful guy you are!

I don’t track know but it should be keto-friendly enough especially that it’s so small. Mini cheesecake with 4 fruits (mostly sour cherry). Not a high quality photo (I am no gastro photographer but my kitchen lamp instead of glorious sunshine…) but it should do.

cheesecake

My own sour cherries, raspberry and mini, super flavorful strawberry. The blueberries are store-bought and not tasty at all. I never will buy it again. My soil is incompatible with blueberries or else I would have my own.

I never made a chocolate cheesecake, nice idea… But still not carnivore. Oh well. Maybe in December. I definitely won’t have a carnivore December, January sounds good though if my trial will be as glorious as I expect it to be.
I won’t have such beauties (the whipped cream is a bit too soft but I am not a perfectionist if it’s about the looks of my desserts. and it has some chill feeling, not a too orderly one) in November as I plan to eat pretty strict carnivore (for me, at least) and I don’t make decorative cakes when I don’t eat them. I have my limits.

(Butter Withaspoon) #2898

Enjoyed a midday breakfast fry up of lamb, Halloumi, a piece of red onion, broad beans, pickles and garden garnishes. The salty sour veg fry up is tastier and more satisfying than the cheap tomato sauce I buy; a better meal!

Enjoyed it while watching a Ben Bikman video (he’s the best!). I’m so satisfied now that I won’t want anything until dinner when I will be out to dinner at friends.

Meanwhile my neighbour picked up lamb flap cut from butcher for me :blush:

(Roberta Worley) #2899

@Hallie What’s Halloumi? I’ve never heard of that before. Then again, this way of eating has brought many a new food or foodstuff my way!

(Butter Withaspoon) #2900

@Roberta_Worley It’s a hard white cheese invented in Greece, made from a mix of sheep, goat and cow milks. Usually with a bit of mint and ash. It’s best fried in slices. Salty and delicious!

(Tracy) #2901

I recently got a smoker. I’ve never known about how to cook meat properly or how to treat different cuts. My first attempt was a pork butt and I smoked it for about 10 hours :rofl: I’ve since discovered I can smoke it for a short time to get the flavor then finish it in the crock pot.

(Laurie) #2902

I’ve seen halloumi mentioned on the Internet; apparently it’s used to make keto French fries.

But I’m sure I’ve never seen it where I live. (And our Costco has dozens of interesting cheeses, including paneer.) I don’t think halloumi is easy to find in most places in North America.