What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Laurie) #2843

In another life I was a cook. Our chef instructor taught us to cook meat with the oven set at the target internal temperature (e.g., 140°F). Since most ovens won’t go that low, he said to use the lowest possible temperature (e.g., 200°F or 225°F).

Once I cooked a family dinner using a cheap beef roast and this method. My father ranted the whole time about how it wasn’t going to work and the meat would be tough. Then, when it was served, he admitted that it was tender and excellent.

(Robin) #2844

My new friend… (PHOTO NOT MINE) I can add a couple drops of stevia (sweetleaf) and then put cream cheese between two slices. Or better yet, add onion powder, garlic powder and use bacon grease instead of oil or butter and mix in some shredded cheese. Then add some brisket between two toasted slices. ALWAYS toast these. My next venture will be a grilled cheese sandwich, using the skillet and bacon grease to brown the bread. I restrict myself to one a day, even tho very low carb, but I don’t want to fill up on “bread”. It’s just a treat and one I can walk away from when finished. https://gimmedelicious.com/90-second-keto-bread/#wprm-recipe-container-13566

(Tracy) #2845

I’ve never tried tri tip because I wasn’t sure what to do with it. The next time it’s on sale I’m going to get some.

(Robin) #2846

Pray tell, what is the sauce on the meat?

(Robin) #2847

What are the measurements of a half or quarter sheet pan?
Sincerely,
I’m No Cook

(Tracy) #2848

Half sheet is pretty big, 13"x18" and a quarter sheet is about 9.5"x13".

It comes out perfect. I cover it tightly with foil. I put it in the oven sometime in the morning and pull it out when I want dinner. It can’t overcook. If you want it more rare, pull it out earlier, but mine is still pink inside and oh so tender. Put whatever spices or rub or sauce you want before you pop it in the oven. It’s pretty fool proof, like sous vide, because of the low temperature. And it has all the flavor of a roast. Makes superb roast beef for sandwiches etc. also.

Dinner… 2" Top Sirloin, Mushrooms and Kale.

IMG_5989

It’s a mixture of Stubbs and Mildly Wild Barbecue sauce.

Quatros Eggritos

and homemade guacamole

(Jane) #2853

Smoked brisket and broccoli salad with cheese, onion, bacon and sunflower seeds

(Robin) #2854

Thanks

(Robin) #2855

Did you use parchment paper? Or spray oil?

(Jody) #2856

Friday and Saturday OMADS:

1lb raw ground beef “hamburgers” on cheese wraps (w/ Mayo, SF Ketchup, Mustard, thin sliced onion, lettuce, pickle and tomato), quest protein chips, Two Good yogurt. Later 1 cup cashew milk.

Same as picture posted before. I try not to flood the board w/ my raw meat meals. lol

Sunday OMAD

4 x Grilled chicken thighs, 6oz shrimp and later 1/2 pint mint chip Rebel [KETO] ice cream.

(Tracy) #2857

There’s a recipe for keto French fries floating around and I had to try it. It’s made with almond flour, water, and Xanthan gum. I had no expectations but the results were shocking. The red/white picture are the ones fried in avocado oil and salted. The others were air fried and they turned out like churros so I sprinkled them with cinnamon/erthyritol and glaze. These were so good it stimulated the carb addict part of my brain that’s been dormant. I think the dough could be made into ravioli, pot stickers, or egg rolls. More experiments to come.

For the barbecue sauce? Neither.

I smoked the pork for several hours, and then put the sauce on it and back into the smoker for another hour, so it would stick to the meat.

(Tracy) #2859

This is actually my favorite way to use the eggritos. I use them with layers of taco meat, cheese, and all the Mexican goodies you enjoy. Then I use just enough enchilada sauce to keep everything moist. My favorite filling is rotisserie chicken with taco seasonings and diced green chilies. Pop it in the oven until it’s hot and bubbly.

(Robin) #2860

Thank you for not laughing at my Parchment paper question, which I meant to send to someone else! I wish I could say this is a rare occurrence!

(Roberta Worley) #2861

Oh be still my heart! I did a tritip after we got our slow 'n sear for our Weber. I did it that morning and it took many hours. But I’m so thankful I did! For one, it was so tender and so tasty! For two, that afternoon a burn ban was put into place!

I’ve a wonderful rub if you’d like the recipe.

(Troy) #2862

Yum
Yet again :slightly_smiling_face: