What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Had some Shrimp, then some Haddock. Plus, the Wife gave me a small portion of the Steak and Broccoli she made today.

IMG_0483

IMG_0485

(Jane) #4478

I have to drive a 3-hr round trip (does not include the time to shop) to get Houlimi cheese so it is a real treat!!!

That Boursin looks mighty good… It is now on my list when we go to a real grocery store when we are in Houston next week LOL. Last time I was there I brought back more of the Cambozola cheese @islandlight put me onto. You are a cheese connoisseur !!! You can trust her recommendations :+1:

I’ve been wanting to try Halloumi cheese, but haven’t as of yet.

(Laurie) #4480

They don’t have Cambozola where I live now. Costco had some wonderful cheeses at good prices. I wasn’t crazy about Boursin at first, but it is nice occasionally. I haven’t tried halloumi.

I’m trying not to be such a cheese connoisseur now.

(Jane) #4481

Awww…… but your recommendations are spot on!

(Jane) #4482

Houlimi is a strange cheese. You can fry it up and it browns but doesn’t melt. Then when you chew it……… it squeaks. You would just have to try it to understand but it really does squeak when you chew it :laughing:

(Laurie) #4483

Ham cubes (hot) and beef slices (cold). The ham was wonderful. I relaxed and enjoyed my supper for about an hour after I finished eating. This was the ham I got on sale for CAD 1.99 a pound.

(Butter Withaspoon) #4484

You people are making me SOOO hungry. Been off doing medical tests, although happily I’m starting to feel better yay! But that means I’m brewing a Big hunger. Have not had much appetite for the past week so I could do with a feast.
I used to LOVE Boursin! Ages since I’ve had any, must hunt it down. And halloumi is a regular fave here- I mean you can’t go past fried salty cheese :cheese: oh my!

Could go a lovely piece of fish I’m thinking…

Leftovers for breakfast today. This looks like a bland diet-food meal but I can assure you it’s actually drenched in melted butter. Cauliflower rice and salmon roasted in olive oil, asparagus and peas steamed in butter, then an easy sauce made of melted butter, lemon juice and pesto.

(Laurie) #4486

Melted butter, lemon juice, and pesto … Mmm.

(Laurie) #4487

@Hallie I’m glad you’re feeling better!

(Robin) #4488

Yay for feeling better!

Lunch… Small amount of Steak and Broccoli, Coleslaw and some Shrimp.

L

(Robin) #4490

Small amount meaning you took servings from these bowls and put them on your plate, or these bowls WERE your meal? Knowing you….

No… Those ARE the small amounts I spoke of! :smile: You know what they say about cameras… So they just make the bowls appear to look bigger. :grin: But the shrimp bowl is a pretty good sized though.

Truth be told, I would much rather have had a smaller bowl, with larger Shrimp though! … You should see the size of the Shrimp my Wife picked up for me yesterday. Colossal Shrimp I think they’re called. Coming soon to a plate near me… :yum: :shrimp:

(Doug) #4492

1 lb or 450 g beef liver, with butter and salt, in a blue bowl.

(Robin) #4493

I gave you a like heart, cuz I know this is a good thing you are sharing. I hate to admit I don’t like liver, don’t want to try any organs, and dislike all fish/sea food. Yes, I am a cotton headed ninny muffins. :vulcan_salute:

(Doug) #4494

Once upon a time in Salerno, Italy, I got a ‘seafood salad.’ So I’m thinking crab meat, mayonnaise, maybe some celery or a few other vegetables, and spices - something like that.

Heck, it was all eyes and tentacles. My wife could not stand the sight of it. I toughed it out and ate it all, and it wasn’t bad.

I made these and planned this for my OMAD… I still am completely unable to eat what I shot…

In the back: scrambled eggs with dry, very rich, fatty sausage from the nearby pig farm, it’s quite good and a little is enough. I have my scrambled egg phase after not liking it for long, I used 5 eggs.
Carnivore biscuits (egg, cheese, some spice. I don’t like very cheesy things so I use boiled egg yolks as flour, not just ground cheese. I hate grating and I use my seed grinder whenever I can, I have hard enough cheese for that :)), I forgot to eat them as I put them back into the oven and my memory isn’t that good… :smiley: I hope they will get crunchy this time, my new mini oven has very low temperatures as well…
And a wombat figurine is anyone is interested.

In the first row: egg milk in my new skull goblet (the stem is vertebrae), 3 pancakes (one with sour cream and dill, one with prosciutto crudo, I am not into it but gave it another try, it was on sale and I didn’t find my bresaola anyway - and one empty. I didn’t eat the sour cream one) and some herring in a too sugary sauce. I won’t buy herring fillet anymore, all have these sauces. I didn’t eat the sauce only what was inevitable. My SO handled most of the sugar on his kind-of pizza, he is the sweets loving high-carber…

As I skipped some of the food and had no proper meat (I shouldn’t do that for days in row but I hardly could avoid it now. I must be better prepared. or not to be shy to use my super fatty pork), I was still hungry. And my problems started.
I won’t talk much about the rest of my meal/day but I tried a keto bar gifted to me, we don’t have such things here. It was vegan. And the worst tasting theoretically edible thing I ever had, hands down. Unless I forget something.
It wouldn’t be good anyway (it’s amazing that despite most plants used to feed people are tasty or at least neutral, people manage to process the hell out them and mix them in a way that they become horrible) and it was insanely sweet as nearly all sweets but they used monk’s fruit. I wanted to try that anyway and now I did. No surprise here, I hate all the too sweet sweeteners with a passion. Each and every of them are so horrible I would rather forget about sweet things and I really don’t want to do that, I love sweet things. Well, some of them.
I only like xylitol and certain sugars and tolerate erythritol. And maltitol has about no flavor but it’s still bad due to its effect so it would be quite stupid for me to eat it. (It is a tiny bit sweet in things for me, only not sweet alone, interesting. About 20% of erythritol sweetness so a maltitol chocolate is properly sweet for me.)

I ate various tasty things and much coffee and a very much water to get rid of the aftertaste of the monk’s fruit but it was super hard. I will avoid it in the future. It’s like aspartame or acesulfame k or stevia or sucralose… They all have about the same horrible taste to me, I barely feel the sweetness due to the super bad taste. It was a shock to my poor system.

I only ate tentacles once in my life but that was very, very great. What’s wrong with tentacles? :smiley: I don’t want to eat eyes though.

I am somewhat choosy if it’s about organs but I like liver and heart, probably brain too (I only ate chicken brain and that was very nice) but I can’t buy that.

(Robin) #4496

I hesitate to tell you what I thought you said there. :smirk:
But I am definitely in the market for a wombat figurine.