What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

(Jody) #2512

Thursday OMAD:

1lb [85/15] Ground Beef, Onions, Mushrooms, Spinach, 6 eggs, and [on the side] a can of sardines. Also, (not pictured) a serving of Cottage Cheese.

• it LOOKS smaller than my other “bowl meals” because it’s in a bigger bowl than I normally use. I wasn’t sure w/ the addition of the eggs it would fit in my normal bowl.

I made an adjustment to my diet (macros) so you might see a little difference … and maybe you won’t even notice. lol

No picture, but wanted to share what I had for dinner last night. My husband and I are on a month long RV trip visiting the western states. For the last few days we’ve been in the Denver, CO area where we used to live. One of my very favorite places to eat was a local pizza place that makes a Detroit style pizza. I told myself that when we get back to Denver I was going to have some. I’ve been keto/LC since around Last March, and have strayed very rarely. So, we ordered the pizza as a takeout and dug in. Wow…majorly disappointed. The flavor and texture of traditional crust failed to meet my expectations. Perhaps it was because it was takeout. The other item I had was a very tiny slice of chocolate layer cake with strawberry filling with strawberry cream frosting. Another big fail. Too sweet and I didn’t like the texture and mouth feel of the frosting. Overall the experience was very disappointing.

ETA; I was expecting the high carbs to disrupt my already disruptive digestion, but so far so good. But I have a headache and very stuffy nose this morning. So does my husband. I wonder if it’s related to what we ate last night. I know we are at higher elevation now, but we’ve been here for 3 nights with no issues and I used to live here up until 2.5 years ago so not feeling any usual higher elevation issues.

3rd night featuring the roast beef OMAD, there is still enough left over for one lunch, and I am not tired of it yet. It hits a spot. Last night is was accompanied by cukes, radishes, brie and lavache chips. The chips are so easy to make - I cut up half a lavache bread, popped it in the micro for 30 seconds, and then let it sit for a minute or two until crisp.

Wasn’t going to eat, but still popping some meds… Rotisserie Chicken, only ate half. (Other half will probably go to the Girls.) Can of Smoked Vienna’s and Deviled Ham, Black Cherry Zevia and Iced Tea.

IMG_5751

IMG_5752

(Kay) #2516

I made 90 second keto bread to have with my bacon and poached eggs. A very filling breakfast!

I can’t believe in almost four years of eating keto, I’ve never heard of this. Intrigued, I had to find the recipe.

Ingredients for 90 second bread:

• 3 tablespoons almond flour (We like Bob’s Red Mill)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (I just do a pinch of salt)
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • *optional – 1 tablespoon butter (saved for later)

Simple enough.

Oh, but it didn’t taste as good as I was hoping for. That’s when I realized there is a fundamental difference between baking power and baking soda. :neutral_face:

Coconut flour chokes me
(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2518

:crab:

(Kay) #2519

Oh no, yes its the baking one you need. It also tastes better if you let it cool and then split and toast & butter it

Boston Cream Chaffle (?)

Explanation here.

Pulled Pork Chaffle Sandwich

(Jody) #2522

Saturday OMAD:

2 x 1/3lb Sirloin Patties on cheese wraps with mayo, pickles, onion, mustard and lettuce. Also had a bag of protein quest chips, 1/2 cup cottage cheese (not pictured) and 10oz shrimp. I will finish the night with a Muscle Milk Light Chocolate shake (also not pictured)

Had this while the forum was down: Cheesy casserole with ham, kale, mushrooms and assorted leftover veggies. Doesn’t look like much, but tasted very nice.

(Candy Lind) #2524

Making that one on home time, complete with custard filling! :drooling_face:

(Candy Lind) #2525

I’ve been busy, missed y’all when I could only give out a few hearts or the site was down . Here are a double bacon cheese Chaffle burger (lettuce topped) and a guacamole-enhanced chaffle I ate before we ran out. :sob:
image image

Looks delicious, Candy!

Still dealing with some issues, popping meds the past week and just sort of out of it… Some meals…

Friday night… Top Sirloin and Fried Eggs
IMG_5754

Saturday Lunch… Steak and Cheese Omelette
IMG_5762

Saturday Dinner… Cheese Burger Salad
IMG_5764

Today… Hamburger, Italian Sausage, Mushrooms and Onions cooked up with Hamburger grease, with a side of Bacon. Also had a Halo Bar after not feeling well and needing to take the grease taste away.
IMG_5773

IMG_5772

Ive been reading your posts about Rogue River Blue and how awesome it is…went to the store (Harmon’s Salt Lake City, UT) a moment ago and they had 2 whole wheels of the 2019 and I was SO HAPPY to find it by accident. I bought 2 wedges and it is just the best blue cheese I have ever tried…ever. Thanks for talking this cheese up so much! :grinning:

(Neil) #2529

Happy to hear you liked the Rogue River Blue! :slight_smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2530

(Jody) #2531

Sunday OMAD:

4x Smoked Chicken Thighs, 6oz Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, 2 slices Jarlsberg Lite Cheese, 2 tbs Mayo. Not pictured, half a pint Rebel Mint Chip Ice Cream.