What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

Found out that there is a “website” for the mushroom source: http://www.mushroomsallyear.com/ There is not much there except for some pics and how to contact. I am surprised that they are all picked in Southern Oregon apparently, unless the guy travels…

(Candy Lind) #2385

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #2386

Got up and made Chaffles until my knees started shrieking. I made 8 the size of my big waffle maker; I think 1/4 is not quite a mini. I’ll go back and do more as soon as my knee is only whimpering.
image image

Hubby’s version of “enough butter!” :rofl: (it was Kerrygold!)

What flavor/variety are your Chaffles? What type of cheese do you prefer? I really enjoy the sweeter type, like pumpkin. But depending on if the chaffle is an accompaniment to the dish or if it’s breakfast.

(Candy Lind) #2388

I usually make ours very plain so we can “dress them up” however we like. I use mozz most of the time because it’s neutral, but we do like an occasional cheddar (excellent burgers). These are just egg, coconut flour, almond flour, tiny bit of psyllium, baking soda, and salt.

Damn, I left the waffle maker plugged in! (Racing out)

Not only did I leave it on, there was a chaffle in it! A nice black chaffle. I need to get one of those waffle makers that beeps at you until you open it up and take care of the contents! :roll_eyes:

Decided to try something else new for today… Wanted to take some Ham, Cheese and Bacon and then encase it into a sort of wrap or casing of something. So today I started by trying an Egg mixture casing, which worked well and the Family liked it, but I think it could be better. I would like to make up something more doughy, almost like a Hot-Pocket of sorts. Also something I can do in one step…

Wife picked me up Cheddar and Ham from the Deli yesterday, and we had them slice it a bit thicker for this recipe. Came out good and the Cheddar was really nice. Reminded me of a nice Grilled Cheese, but with Ham and Bacon added. … But I used to add Ham to my Grilled Cheese back then anyway…

IMG_5473

Recipe…

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2390

Pork shoulder and, as always, kale :joy:

Decided to eat something for Dinner, before Fasting… but it got a little cheesy. :crazy_face: We had 4 1/4 pound Hotdogs that were vacuum sealed, but though frozen, the bag must have a pin-hole, since it was showing to have gotten some air in. So it wasn’t as sealed as it should be. So I dropped those in a pot to boil, added some bean-less chili in another pot and then made a cheesy-wrap to wrap it in…

IMG_5506

IMG_5507

(Butter Withaspoon) #2392

image I had a bit of a bad weekend, and Friday Saturday and Sunday night were all eating at someone elses place. I took dishes each night (fatty no carby) but ended up eating other things that didn’t make me feel great. A good experiment I guess because I want to get back to feeling how I did last week. KCKO is the plan :blush:

My friend got a few days of my lamb soup into her. May it help her heal! I’m noticing the special silky feel and taste of lamb fat. Is it my imagination or are beef and lamb fat different? And am I becoming a keto connoisseur?! :grin:! I added some shredded cabbage before serving- sweet and crunchy image|320x240

(Candy Lind) #2393

My hubby is bringing me home a big smoked pork chop, and now I’m hungry for a chili cheese dog! :rofl:

EDIT: the bbq place was out of pork chops AND ribs. TOTAL DESPAIR. :sob:

(Butter Withaspoon) #2394

Velvet- Those mushrooms look amazing!

Candy- are black chaffles still keto? :joy:

(Candy Lind) #2395

I don’t know - does carbon have carbs? :woman_shrugging: :rofl:

Since I’m planning on Fasting, and the Wife was running up to pick up some Water and a few other things, I decided to try one of @Jody22’s Rebel Ice Creams. She picked up Chocolate Chip Mint and Salted Caramel, so we ate half and half to try them, and they weren’t too bad. Though I don’t think I would want to eat them often, but I did want to try one.

Yeah, and it was actually quite good. I’ve always enjoyed Chili-Cheese Dogs too. So this hit the spot. :+1:

(Jody) #2397

I think that is the ONLY one I haven’t tried. lol. I love them. I put it in the microwave for 50 seconds to make it more creamy. Straight out of the freezer, it has a dryer (?), less creamy consistency. Next time you eat one, try to microwave it for a 20 or so seconds (since you have 1/2 left) … see if that makes a difference.!

Monday OMAD: 8oz 85/15 ground beef, 8oz Kiolbassa Smoked sausage, mushrooms, napa cabbage, onion, butter and seasoning.

(Mame) #2398

Ok, I found something hot pocket like last year and it was good. I think I kind of combined this: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/keto-morning-hot-pockets
and
https://www.gnom-gnom.com/gluten-free-keto-calzone/

full disclosure: I have never eaten a boxed hot pocket in my life!

The cherry chip flavor is also a favorite of mine

Last night I had a smorgasbord of roast beef, turkey breast, salami, butter lettuce, sprouts, mozarella sticks, cucumber, radish and some strawberry. It was good.

Woke up to smoke billowing in my window. Apparently the smoke blew in from a fire that is far enough away from me not to be a danger, except to my compromised lungs. No gardening today, no outdoor time, surgical mask on to feed the Llama and ducks. Ugh! At least I don’t have to worry about burning to a crisp - yet.

(Candy Lind) #2400

I hope the wind changes!

(Laurie) #2401

I looked up Rebel ice cream. They say it isn’t available in Canada because they’d be required to use Canadian cream and eggs, which are too expensive because of price controls. I used to make my own low-carb ice cream, which was great. Pretty easy too, but I wouldn’t do it now.

Anyway, the website advised that you let the ice cream “sit out” of the freezer before serving: 15 minutes for regular ice cream or 5-10 minutes for lactose free varieties.

Much appreciate the info. :+ … Though I’ve indeed had a Hot-Pocket before, I couldn’t tell ya how many years ago that might have been? The Wife was always the one who really enjoyed them, and the one I made for her a while back she really enjoyed. But it done using the Fathead Dough, and I was looking at making something just a bit more flaky, or bready? … there is actually one I saw on Diet Doctor’s site a while back I planned to look into, but never did. If anything, it gives me a starting point when creating new stuff. I’ll post the link if I can find it real quick on their site…

I believe this is the one I looked at… I of course would stuff things like this with all sorts of stuff. But I wanted something form-able, like this one describes, but allows for a variety of options to play with.

Thanks, Laurie. Good to know and will pass the info along to the Wife and Son. Not sure if they were aware of this? But last night was the first time trying it. - They have done Halo-Top in the past, but it was a nice treat just for being something different I guess. :slight_smile: … And yep, not long after switching over to this WOE, I actually purchased an Ice Cream maker, that has only been used… twice since? I would much rather make some at home myself if you found a nice recipe. But I’m actually more into creating recipes for meals myself, but that does dip into Desserts from time to time as well.