What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Allie) #6710

Ribeye, grilling cheese, eggs & mayo.

(traci simpson) #6711

Did you know that in restaurants they put pancake batter in their eggs? I always ask for shelled eggs! If there isnā€™t cake batter, they crack a bunch at a time and add water. Yuck. When I cruise, I tell them I want a shelled egg omelet and they look at me like Iā€™m crazy but by day 3 they know right away and start making it when they see me!!!

Walmart actually carries tallow and duck fat now but itā€™s a bit pricey.

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #6713

Lunch today was this piece of chicken with the skin on, avocado and ghee for dipping!!

(traci simpson) #6714

You crack me up that you can eat all that in one meal! No wonder you slept!!! hahahahahahahaha!

Sausage patty, topped with egg omelette, fresh hollandaise, and beef liver, bacon pateā€¦ delicious! And awfulā€¦

(traci simpson) #6716

Is that your breakfast?

(Jody) #6717

1/2 lb burger with melted Swiss cheese

SmartBakingCo bun (heavily buttered and toasted on the grill) with homemade mayo, mustard and (AlternaSweets) Ketchup)

Liver, pickles and Shitake Mushroom Crisps (chip/fries replacement).

(traci simpson) #6718

How are those buns? tell the truth!!!

(Jody) #6719

they are good ā€¦ but like most keto ā€œbreadsā€, they can be a little dry which seems to be a common issue with all keto breads. Having said that, it is GREAT to have a burger again :wink:

(Ernest) #6720

2 eggs? Are you allergic to eggs?
My basic egg scramble goes like this
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
Duck fat for cooking
Butter to finish.

Iā€™ve had 8 eggs OMADs before. Maybe more but you didnā€™t hear that from me.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6721

IHOP does not serve FOOD :cowboy_hat_face:

(traci simpson) #6722

Maybe with enough condiments we wonā€™t notice!

(traci simpson) #6723

Not allergic. love eggs, however eating more than 2 makes me feel greedy! lol Why do you separate yolks from the whites? why not just eat 5 eggs?

(Allie) #6724

I eat six at a time :joy:

(Jane) #6725

I read that about iHop so I assume other restaurants do they same. I usually order fried eggs when eating out because then I kNOW they are ā€œjust eggsā€.

But good point in case others were not aware. I was shocked this wasnā€™t mentioned on the menu for people who are gluten-intolerant, but I guess since they donā€™t advertise as ā€œgluten-freeā€ they can add whatever they want.

(Diane) #6726

My sister just got some of these at Costco and I tried them. After the first one, I wasnā€™t sure if I liked them. After the 5th, I said ā€œYou better hide the bag!ā€

(traci simpson) #6727

Most do. I ordered an omelet at Cheesecake factory and had to ask for shelled eggs so Iā€™m going to assume they all do, however BOB EVANS uses real eggs! and SILVER DINER.

I had no idea!!! Certainly explains why the scrambled eggs at Ihop made our kids have tummy aches. If I get eggs at a restaurant Iā€™ll make sure I order fried eggs so they canā€™t sneak anything in there :fried_egg:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6729

@Ernest

Are you limiting protein maybe or is it the flavor you like with extra yolks? I assume youā€™re using the whites for something else.

:cowboy_hat_face: