What did you Keto today?

(Lauren) #1621

Bacon and egg salad. Just a quick lunch while the babies were napping.

(Cece Blackstock) #1622

Fried chicken made the same way “Old Butter Bob” from YouTube makes his. Plus two tablespoons of grassfed cultured butter… mmmm got that skin real crispy…

(Mike Glasbrener) #1623

Looks yummy.:heart_eyes: I’m looking for a home made slaw recipe. The ones I used to make have sugar. I’m trying to avoid all sweeteners including Stevia, sucralose etc… I’m just a scardy cat wrt sweets affecting me. I’ll experiment when I’m closer to target weight… Does yours fit the bill? It looks really good!

(James storie) #1624

I grew up eating slaw that was sour instead of sweet. Even before I was keto if I knew slaw had sugar, I stayed away! I just use mayo, salt, pepper, and a little white vinegar for the dressing.

(Mike Glasbrener) #1625

:slight_smile: So just skip the sugar! Got it! I could even split it into two batches. One for my non keto family and one for me. That way mine will be healthy and avoid the ravages of teenage boys! Cue the hyena video.

Oh man, I just made by instinct. But I’m making another batch soon, so this time I’ll write it down and post.

This. Camarones al mojo de ajo AKA garlic butter lime shrimp.

(James storie) #1628

That’s right!

(Ernest) #1629

You’re right @jamestorie and that’s one reason I don’t recommend them for Daily Dose. Once in a blue moon.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1630

Home-made yogurt. No pic…yogurt just isn’t that exciting in a photo.

If you’re not restricting dairy, and particularly if you own an Instant Pot, home-made yogurt needs to be on your menu rotation.

I usually use a couple of tablespoons of organic Greek yogurt (already pretty low carb) from Costco as my starter, and that much seems to work fine for anywhere from a half gallon to a gallon of milk.

The Instant Pot has two yogurt cycles, one for boiling the milk to kill off any nasty bacteria, and one for culturing the bacteria you want. The hardest part (which isn’t hard at all) is cooling the milk to around 120 degrees before adding the starter culture. Then I run a 12 hour cycle, and then spoon the resulting yumminess into a colander lined with a coffee filter and strain it for at least a few hours (this time I strained overnight, and ended up with a super-thick yogurt).

Yum.

(Ernest) #1631

Austin is pretty much my second home. I live in Dallas, come to Austin for work almost every other month.

(Ernest) #1632

@matt @KetoCowboy @jamestorie first time I tried those tortillas I ran a BG and ketone reading 2 hours after my meal…

(Clare) #1633

Couldn’t be easier - finely slice onion - drop it in a little vinegar to take out the sting.
Shred cabbage - this one used big spring greens instead of white but any cabbage will do. Shred a carrot.
I add any of a range of other ingredients including apple, bell pepper, spiral cut butternut squash or celeriac.
Squeeze the onions out, mix it all together.
I like to dress it with a mixture of olive oil, Helmann’s mayonnaise and Greek yoghurt. A little salt and perhaps some cumin or smoked paprika.
You do not need to sweeten it.
You can also add a few seeds or toasted coconut if you want crunch. Easy peasy- takes 5 minutes.

(paul ) #1634

(Josh Close) #1635

Ah… the McMountain!

(Ernest) #1636

I just threw some stuff together. And whipped up a macadamia nut oil Ceasar salad

(Jacquie) #1637

Locally made chorizo sausage (pure pork, no gluten, sugar or fillers and very spicy) with Japanese eggplant thinly sliced and sauteed in EVOO. Ended with a very thin slice of this ‘bread’ with salted butter. I substituted pecans for walnuts. I made the bread for hubby but wanted to try it. The butter makes it work for me!:yum:
http://www.ehow.com/how_12343770_easy-make-bread-recipe-healthy-nuts-seeds.html

(Ernest) #1638

@KetoCowboy HAHAHA! I kind of agree with you on Stephanie!

(Sheri Knauer) #1639

Salmon cooked in the sous vide, spinach, feta , calamata olives, and warm ghee

(KetoCowboy) #1640

I hope that’s a reference to my “She talks out of both of 'em” line. She def has her plusses and minuses, but she’s the one who taught me that I can always get my fat up by having a sliver of grass-fed butter with every bite of a meal.