What did you Keto today?

My usual breakfast - sausage, bacon, mushroom and a fried egg (in butter naturally!)

@Daisy we were here for 1,000 posts! :laughing:

Yeah you bastard. I wanted to be the 1000 and you pinched it from me. I hate you now!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1019

Love that stuff. Expensive, but itā€™s a nice treat occasionally. I look for when itā€™s on sale.

Spicy Kung Pao Chicken - serving on Cauli Rice

(bulkbiker) #1021

Can you get proper sausages in France?

Well actually, yes. I have found some really nice ones in Lidl. They are big fat Toulouse sausages and taste like proper Brit bangers. Decent carb count too (1.6%).

(bulkbiker) #1023

nice oneā€¦we used to get the toulouse ā€œreflets de franceā€ range but that was about the nearest we gotā€¦ streaky bacon and sausages were always on the list for friends coming overā€¦any news on the move?

Yeah, havenā€™t found any great bacon apart from Grand Frais who do quite a nice smoked streaky and slice it to order however you want it. Hmmmmmm, that has reminded me I need to go and get some!

Not yet but I have put the place back on the market so keep everything crossed. Lots of interest but none turned into visits yet.

(bulkbiker) #1025

Well good luck and fingers crossedā€¦ be great to meet up if you do get back over to the south coast

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #1026

Tried to make faux polenta patties out of the leftover ā€œgritsā€ but it made a messā€¦ A delicious mess. Costco rotisserie chicken and green beans with bacon and onion.

Definitely. I look forward to it. x We can make keto cream teas

(bulkbiker) #1028

only if Iā€™m not fastingā€¦ but yes lots of clotted creamā€¦ have some in the fridge now!

Jealous. Although last time I was over I brought some back and was disappointed - the texture was not great. I will need to taste test when I get back! Oh crap just remembered I canā€™t do cream! I will have to make an exception and put up with the fallout!

(Jaidann) #1030

Looks darn good to me!

Seriouslyā€¦@Daisy and @MarkGossageā€¦you folks are complaining about the food in France? :worried: wowā€¦didnā€™t see that one coming

Plenty to complain about like the lack of kale! France use to have the best rep going for food and dining but it rested on its laurels and slid down the ratings chart. Great for some things, not so much for others. Same as anywhere else. The UK is more varied and exciting IMO.

My first sous vide steak cooked for 48 hours. Heaven on a plate, with butter and avocado oil, and deviled eggs.

Almost forgot, I made a GREAT snack at work today in lieu of lunch. I put about 1T of butter in a cup, melted it, added plenty of cinnamon and some swerve, then dumped in a couple ounces of pecans, stirred, and heated just a few more seconds.

Vegetables in the broccoli type family are not common in France at all. Never been. I learned that at a culinary academy I used to take courses at.

I still think food in France is still pretty freakin awesome, tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: