What did you Keto today?

(Ashley Haddock) #573

Gah that looks amazing!!

(Ashley Haddock) #574

Carlshead sandwiches. One has teriyaki chicken and meunster, the other has roast beef and meunster (with mayo on both). Put them in a skillet with some butter and toast each side. So perfect. I freaking love #boringketo

(Noline) #575

I love coleslaw and that looks really good.

(Sandra Doran) #576

What is the name of the noodles?

Calling it now… First thousand post thread. So many ups+ !

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #578

@Sandra_Doran
What did you Keto today?

(Terri) #579

Sometimes it’s the simplest foods that taste the best! I had sliced veggies for fajitas but just cooked them and added some Jamaican Jerk Pork Roast! Doesn’t get much easier or better!

Another steak, I love a filet but don’t eat them much.

35 min at 137F, finished on cast iron.

Compensated for the lack of fat with a heavy cream, butter, garlic, tarragon, and Parmesan sauce. (my usual)

@Izerian looks delicious, was this sous vide? What is the sauce?

Yes, definitely sous vide. I should have mentioned that.

Sauce was basically an alfredo with some tarragon. I find myself using that a lot since there isn’t much to work with other than blood when you sous vide :wink: Either that, or I just don’t know what to do with blood… (not to be graphic)

(Kathy L) #583

These were awesome for a “crunchy snack”!

(matt ) #584

Shrimp and sausage pasta in Cajun cream suace.

(Megan) #585

I made delicious Butter Chicken in my Instant Pot. I added a couple cups of chicken broth which made it more like a soup. I wish I had some cauliflower rice to put it over but it was still good! Here’s the recipe I based mine on. http://myheartbeets.com/instant-pot-butter-chicken/

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #586

Egg salad & bacon in lettuce

Lettuce wraps are so under rated. They don’t get enough love for the huge variety of yummy foods they make. Your dish looks awesome.

Wowza! Looks delish!

(Siobhan) #589

This:

On top I add 1 tbsp of butter melted with 2tsp peanut butter which adds another gram of net carb with the pb I’m using. I cook it all the way through though (45sec in microwave). It has no flour/flour alternative to speak of - it’s just egg, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sweetener - which means it doesn’t have the weird texture a lot of mugcakes have.

The peanut butter/butter mixture on top makes it really satisfying salty/sweet. It kicks out at 5g NET but dessert being occasional (like once a week) thing I don’t really mind.

Also I tried Quest’s noodle option finally (ordered them a long time ago near the start of me going keto lol) and they seemed pretty accurate as to noodle texture but I just don’t like noodles (or noodle substitute) anymore. I much prefer something that adds flavor like steamed/roasted broccoli or meat to put sauce on. Live and learn.

(matt ) #590

Leftover pasta with shrimp and sausage in a cajun cream sauce.

(Brenda Soderlund) #591

Broccoli raab and Italian Sausage. We subbed zoodles for the campanelle but it doesn’t need them. We used homemade chicken bone broth for the stock. Drink it up at the end, it is so yummy. I calculated 12 total carbs if omitting the zoodles. It takes less than 30 minutes to make! Divine!

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/campanelle-broccoli-raab-sausage-olives.aspx

OMG I really love broccoli rabe. Or “rapini” in italian.