What did you Keto today?

(CharleyD) #3230

Funny thing is starting to happen as I’ve breached into the 180 lbs domain, earlier than the 24 hour mark of my OMAD days I’m getting pretty hungry and the salt lick isn’t helping!

Had a Taco Bell moment but I have a keto ‘usual’, the steak power bowl, holding the rice and beans and adding extra guac and sour cream. Dump copious Diablo hot sauce, and shake!

Satisfies me for at least 12 hours, will get pics next time! Promise!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #3231

Loooooove peeling egg shells!

If you don’t have an instant pot there’s another method for making it easier to peel: add baking soda to the boil water.

36 hour sous vide brisket. Was seriously amazing. Dipped in R Hughes BBQ sauce mixed with some mustard. Side of coleslaw (decent but not amazing).

(Richard Morris) #3234

oh yeah that looks delicious

(Cathy) #3235

Gotta make some today!

My first attempt at Keto bagels. I made the holes too big but they look Ok. I have not been happy with my almond flour, a bit too course. I may need to “wiz” it in the food processor next time.

(Andrew Anderson) #3237

New griddle, did a seasoning process and made bacon.

(Kitty) #3238

Wow! That could make life easy now and then! Thanks for sharing.

(Kitty) #3239

Awesome! Recipe?

(Kitty) #3240

Recipe?

(Karen) #3241

http://www.farmsteadchic.com/whole30-zuppa-toscana/

(Charlie Kathopoulis) #3242

Sambar back strap :stuck_out_tongue: - venison can be lean,

1. So we pre cook some mushrooms. cooked in butter (lots) and Mediterranean herbs and spices,
  2. Butterfly the back strap and sandwich the mushrooms in,
  3. Smear butter over the sandwich then wrap in bacon,
  4. Cook gently for 2 hours. Served with a three cheese sauce

(Ellen) #3243

I make my own paste, will try and remember to post it once home, but even a shop bought can be good and fairly low in carbs, go for chicken thighs for extra fat & taste.

Overeasy eggs and country sausage cooked in bacon nectar. How could this ever get boring???
Funny enough I wouldn’t eat overeasy eggs for years but after going keto started loving them again.

Oh yeah, with my BPC: coconut oil, Kerrygold, cacao, Celtic sea salt, touch of NoSalt, touch of cinnamon, touch of cayenne. That doesn’t get old either.

(Bacon for the Win) #3245

scrambled eggs (with butter and cream cheese), then bacon, cheddar, and homemade pico de gallo on top.

(Becky) #3246

What does spatchcook mean?

(Clare) #3247

spatchcock usually means cutting the back bone out of the chicken so that you can open it out (like a book) and cook it flat. You cook it breast/leg sides up & it cooks quicker. Also helpful if you have a large chicken and a small oven or if you want to BBQ it.

(roxanna) #3248

And it allows for maximum crispy skin potential.

(Becky) #3249

Ummmm, sounds yummy! Thanks for the explanation! Does it also help with the uneven cooking of breast and thigh meat?