What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #2004

Broke a 24hr fast with a taco salad with chuck that I grind myself. Was awesome and just the right amount of fat!

Iā€™m really loving that fresh pea shoots in the pic, Ernest!

Breakfast Pizza for a late brunch today

Eggs scrambled until almost done. I left them a little underdone for my taste so they wouldnā€™t end up over cooked. The eggs came out perfect for me.

Breakfast sausage!

Cheesy goodnessā€¦

And done!

Lessons Learned: Donā€™t get in a hurry and think the crust will finish cooking with the toppings. It started to brown, but I did not give it enough time to get as crispy as I normally would. I thought by giving the eggs extra time to finish cooking that it would have enough time. The crust was fully done, but not firm enough to pick up and eat. It was still very good!

(Ernest) #2007

Beef kidney and eggsā€¦ Again!
Iā€™m doing steak and eggs next week.

Jumping for joy here. This southern girl just found her go-to keto biscuit!!

Iā€™ll be working on making sausage gravy with minimal HWC soon. Canā€™t wait!

Hereā€™s the recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBFMovz_PM

And hereā€™s the MOST IMPORTANT tip. Buy Lifesource Oat FIber. I made these a while ago, with a locally bought brand of oat fiber, and they were HORRIBLE. In her book, she names this brand (and one other) and this is the key. I know Iā€™m gushing hereā€¦but BISCUITS!

(Ernest) #2009

Eggs n sardines

Once upon a time, I used to cook this very simple dish of ground beef with diced potatoes. Tonight, I subbed out the potatoes for radishes. This was my first time eating radishes cooked (I have never liked them raw). It was very good!

(ground beef, radishes, Cajun seasoning, and onion flakes)

(Jeremy Storie) #2011

Fathead with porkrind dust instead of almond flour.

(James storie) #2012

Itā€™s great isnā€™t it @jeremystorie

(James storie) #2013

Keith wants to know if there is any left?

(matt ) #2014

Yeah the crust needs to be 100% done before the toppings. I let it cool a bit before topping to avoid being over done.

(matt ) #2015

Gorgeous pie!

(Arlene) #2016

Iā€™m very interested to know how this compares to the same recipe using almond flour. Iā€™ve thought about swapping for pork rind dust. What did you think?

(Jeremy Storie) #2017

Oh yeah, got half a pie left. It was a double batch :grin:

(Jeremy Storie) #2018

I used the same ratio as almond flour but I use a little more cheese. I donā€™t measure the cheese, I just shred an 8 oz block.

(Arlene) #2019

Yes, but how did you like it when you substituted the pork rind dust for the almond flour? How was the flavor & texture. Was it as good as the regular fathead recipe?

(Jeremy Storie) #2020

I liked it better.

(Sheri Knauer) #2021

Last night for dinner I made chicken thighs with a pork rind/parmesan crust, zucchini from my garden which I spiraled, sautƩed for 3 minutes, then put on some homemade pesto sauce with MCT oil. For dessert, I had some homemade, keto cheesecake blueberry ice cream. Soooooo good. The pesto was awesome. I have plenty left over which I think will taste really good on some Carlshead dough with shrimp and mozzarella.

(AnnaLeeThal) #2022

Moussaka! This was so good. Between my husband and I we polished off a 9x13 pan of this in two days.

(Ernest) #2023

Oh Yeeeeeaaaah!!