What book are you currently reading?

(Troy) #409

One-third of the way completed today or on Day 1😀
Enjoying!

(PJ) #410

My instant pot has really made it so easy to eat low carb. Throw in 5# chicken breasts and a cup of water. Come back later when it’s still warm, grab the beaters, takes about six seconds to shred it all perfectly. Bingo, chicken in ziplocs in the freezer and fridge to use in anything. Leave half in the pot, add any produce that makes your heart happy, chicken broth, and whatever spices you like, set to slow cook for a few hours, and you have chicken stew, too. (Coconut milk and red curry paste. Tomatillo sauce or puree and chopped poblano peppers. Alfredo sauce… or just some celery and peppers and such.) And when it’s all done, the entirety of cleanup is a paring knife, a set of beaters, and one simple metal pot. It’s the bomb!

I got this instant pot book and it had a lot of useful recipes in it. Not that I use them really. :smiley:

I use my IP for thighs, as well, just like you wrote :slight_smile: and bone broth/chicken soup. Now that winter is here, I make myself a batch of bone broth every weekend and my husband loves chicken soup with lots of onions, veggies, etc., IP is wonderful for that. I had a huge list of everything I wanted to make, but I am so limited with ingredients that I stopped cooking about 99% of things I used to eat. My husband didnt like the bland taste of ribs, chuck roasts and briskets from the IP; so we are back to using our oven for those cuts. But bone broth…love it :slight_smile:

Have read good stuff about the book so decided to get it. Interesting and plan to start on it in the next couple of days.

(Windmill Tilter) #413

Body by Science won’t disappoint. I have many bookshelves full of books but Dr. Fung’s “The Obesity Code” and Dr. McGuff’s “Body by Science” are the only two I buy copies of to give away… :+1:

Thanks for the good feedback.

Book buddies :wink:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #416

Im reading “Flowers in the attic” By Virginia Andrews. I counted and ive read 20 novels in 12 months :joy::joy::joy:

My mom and I like Bill Bryson, his newest is on my nightstand now :slight_smile:

Appropriate reading for a barefooter. :smiley:

(Jenna Ericson) #419

I just started reading Richard Dawkins’ “The Extended Phenotype” and, while I think there will be a lot of googling along the way, I can tell it will be interesting. It’s kind of the follow-up to “The Selfish Gene” which I read about a year and a half ago. “The Selfish Gene” really changed the way I think about evolutionary biology and I would highly recommend reading it.

(Troy) #420

Just released🙂

Added to my list
#carnivore

Besides returning to all the books on living clays and zeolite that I keep studying in addition to the cornerstone keto physicians’ books and Dr. Anna Cabeca’s The Hormone Fix :joy:… have really been grateful for this story-rich, female-centered version of the Vedic story of gods & goddesses, especially Sita & Ram.

Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni is the perfect person to write this, and she weaves in many cogent reflections on ancient culture and archetypes that apply to modern culture, socialization, and the sagas of bringing ignorance into the light.

Please let us know your thoughts. I’ve been on the fence about getting it. I read Dr. Baker’s book and have and have read some of the Emmerich’s book. Both were very good.

(Troy) #423

Will do!!
On the fence as well
I’m going to play the several City local library roulette game
Convince to buy there…send to me…then I return when finished
I did this before to a success
Saves Me $19.99😉

On my wishlist, I love Dr.Saladino :slight_smile: Like Bob said, do let us know :slight_smile:

The Coach’s Strength Training Playbook

I’m studying for my Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach certification and reading this until my study materials come in on Tuesday.

Having a BS in kinesiology and a Master’s in PE helps with this exam, it’s been 4 years since I graduated with my MAT but I’ve passed 5 of the 6 practice tests without studying. The one I failed I missed by a question and I don’t want to just pass, I want to blow it out of the water.

(Ken) #426

The Vicomte De Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas.

(Central Florida Bob ) #427

“Dr. Benbo’s” book:

After hearing him on the Diet Doctor podcast.

A complement to Body by Science which I’m also re-reading.

I’ve been reading a book called, Keto on the really cheap.

It’s aimed at people who are on a low income or a fixed income and are on the keto lifestyle.

One of the chapters in the book how to use food banks for low-carb foods.

Not a real book but not a bad idea for those of us who can’t afford high-priced low-carb keto food.

Side note, although I was joking about the book I do go to food banks and pick up much low-carb food to get me through the month.