What are your New Year resolutions for 2017?

I’ve never done HIIT workouts, but I got a DEXA scan and the sports physiologist recommended I start to target my belly fat. I know it’s supposed to be super intense but short duration. Like 5 to 15 minutes per workout. Sounds efficient!

Do you just do the interval programs on the elliptical? That’s what I was thinking I’d do, but really go balls to the wall intense! I don’t know if I should get an app or something.

Good luck with the sweeteners!

(Pamela) #42

I have a few resolutions

1. Wear my fitbit for the entire year. I’m very curious what my total step count for the year will be.
  2. Take a selfie everyday. This is per my daughters request. She wants to make it into a movie. She will be doing this as well. Its just for fun!
  3. Contribute to our family joy jar at least once a month.
  4. Read at least 1 book a month. Anything. Just read!
  5. Exercise at least 5 days a week.
  6. IF Monday- Friday

(Cathie Condon) #43

I want to be realistic with this. Last year it was going Keto and I reached my goal last week (lost 54 pounds). I am definitely more active now and ready for the next step. Just hooked up a Apple TV2 and will get the app for Beach Bodies 2 as I heard it’s got a good selection. Feels like a good start and more realistic than joining a gym in January.

Gyms in January are a nightmare!

(Jacquie) #45

Thanks! Yes, super intense but short duration. Efficient workouts work for me! I plug into music and the time goes quickly. I do a 3-5 minute warm-up and then a 30/30 for about 15 minutes and a couple of minutes cool down. I tend to keep mine on manual now though I’ve done the interval programs in the past. I’ve got an older Precor EFX 5.23 that I love. I got it w/o the arms as I’m short and it didn’t align perfectly with my body.There are plenty of ideas if you Google HIIT and elliptical. Also, you might want to post in the exercise area of the forum and see what keto folks recommend.

(Cathie Condon) #46

Statistics show folks drop out within 3 months. That’s why they try to rope you into a multiple year contract.

(Jacquie) #47

I had heard about Headspace, so decided to check it out after reading your post. Neat stuff! I’ve always wanted to meditate but…I’m not one to sit still for too long. Probably a sign that I could benefit. Signed up for the 10 day free trial. Thanks! :slight_smile:

(dawn.hakala) #48

I’d like to see what everyone’s plan for the up coming year is… We already do the healthy eating thing… So, WHAT IS YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION FOR 2017??

(Richard Morris) #49

I plan to instrument my bike better so I can train rather than just enjoying a cruisy bike ride around the lake

(ManMythLegend) #50

I had a horrible time keeping resolutions! I kept breaking them year after year, usually by April Fool’s Day. I finally had enough and in 1999 made the only resolution I’ve ever kept, "I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!"
I’ve been keeping that resolution for 18 years now! I call that a resolute SUCCESS!!!

Consolidated some threads into this one. Carry on… :bacon:

(LeDawn) #52

My goals/resolutions for 2017 are:

1. I will stay keto. No giving up!
  2. I will start doing my T-Tapp videos at least 5 days a week.
  3. Stay focused on growing my business.

(dawn.hakala) #53

What are my goals…

1. Refocus
  2. Get back to the gym in the stupid friggen hours of the morning
    if there is too much snow or it’s just to friggen cold in the mornings, I bought a squat cage for a reason!
  3. IF fast daily as usual
  4. ZornFast monthly with the group
  5. 1 day fast weekly.

And lastly…
Be sure to stop and just relax and try to find a way to clear my mind @least once a week. My decompression time is when I can get on my motorcycle… well here in WI, thats going to be awhile… so and suggestions on this part are GREATLY welcomed.

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #54

So it’s that time of year.

I’m Dean. Last year I lost 18kg in 6 months following a ketogenic diet but since July I reintroduced dairy (cheese and cream mainly) and put 5kg back on. So net loss for 2016 was 12kg.

This year coming I plan to lose about the same again which will bring me to my goal between 90 and 95kg.

This WOE works for me and it’s about learning about how to manage it in a world where you’re clearly a minority.

So - heading into 2017 i’ve 2 clear goals.

1. Lose 12 kg before December 2017.
  2. Drop dairy from my diet for good.

What are yours? :wink:

(Cathy Schroder) #55

To end the year as I enter it - on a fully ketogenic diet and actively working to improve my health. I’m seeing good results so far but I’m sure I can improve on them.

(Jeff Ryan) #56

I have a few.

1. Learn to cook better keto friendly food and desert. ( need something to satisfy my taste buds)
  2. Hypertrophy and get stronger on a SKD diet.
  3. Master the Keto diet.

Well that’s pretty much mine :smile:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #57
  1. read my bookmarked articles on nutrient density and increase my mindfulness around meal preparation and food choices
  2. attempt a 10-20 day fast, my longest to-date was 7 days and my barrier is planning around my family and their stress with my lack of eating
  3. incorporate organ meats into my diet. This is tied to #1, but if I don’t call myself out on this I will focus more on veggies when I finish Zero Carb January… which may extend into February :slight_smile:

(Julie Pegler) #58

Donna have you read the Lifechanging Magic of Tidying up? It is def LIFECHANGING! You can listen to it on Youtube. I have gotten rid of about 20 bags of stuff!! Still going strong!

(Meeping up the Science!) #59

Yup :slight_smile: Read it, and also the sequel.

(Julie Pegler) #60

i haven’t read the sequel yet, but I have also watched the movie The Minimalists and I listen to their podcasts. :slight_smile: its addicting!