What are your New Year resolutions for 2017?

(Kris Cater) #21

My resolutions are simple:

1. KCKO
  2. Help people in my community learn about Keto and provide the moral support they need to be successful on this journey.

(Casey Brown) #22

Thank you! The support is much needed!

(Steve B) #23

Happy to give it. As are most folks here.

I really recommend this book. It gives you ways to get get stuff done without tripping the fight or flight response that shuts so many of us down when we make resolutions!

(kelli.2ls1i) #25
  1. Go dairy-free/egg-free for at least 3 months (trying to resolve some food sensitivities)
  2. Add exercise into my Keto equation
  3. Work up to alternate day fasting: switching between 16:8 and 36 each day

(Kylie Woodruff) #26

I want to jump back into deep aqua water aerobics and make sure I recommit 100% to keto - Christmas has not been kind - work stress has thrown me!

(Kellie) #27

Ooh i know a good place for Dexa Scans, in Fortitude Valley http://www.physiquescience.com.au/

(Lauren) #28

Thatā€™s the one Iā€™ve had bookmarked - have you been there?

(Lauren) #29

Oh Hi! Fancy seeing you hereā€¦ didnā€™t recognise your username

(Kellie) #30

I just joined! Think the profile pic helps tooā€¦

Yeah Iā€™ve been there, we make their corporate videos actually, but would totally go in for a scan. Theyā€™re really nice people :+1:

(Connor L) #31

Reduce going off plan to once a month. Iā€™m already only going off once a weekā€¦ Just because Iā€™m not strong yet!

Begin weight lifting and then stick with it

Also, not keto related, but save money! I want to save at least an extra 100-200 a month.

(Janelle) #32

Donā€™t do too many NY resolutions as I usually fail! But next year I want to eat more fish. My goal is twice a week. Also would like to improve my sleep.

(Meeping up the Science!) #33
  1. Minimalism, both psychological and physical.
  2. Health.
  3. Get a new job!

(ketohealthclub) #34

I donā€™t tend to make resolutions, but I feel so confident about my keto journey thatā€™s spilled into other areas. My ā€œgoalsā€ include studying to become a keto mentor/guide, to incorporate exercise into my keto lifestyle, and to go for a higher paying job!

(Rawd Xii Anna) #35

New wardrobe! :smile:

(Mark) #36

Good job on your goals had a question on cocoa have you ever done any testing on blood sugar or blood pressure read it was good for both but havenā€™t tried it yet ,I have been finding it interesting to track my numbers ,my wife laughs at me when I get excited by nice steady numbers,and good way to prepare for paddleboarding is to use a weighted exercise bar or stick you can find them online or make your own or attach an exercise band to a pole and attach that to a stationary object and perform the paddling motion because it can be a pretty good upper body workout if you donā€™t do it on a regular basis it uses muscles most people donā€™t use on a regular basis,good luck on your goals in 2017

(Christina) #37

Thanks!! Iā€™ll keep those tips in mind.

I track blood pressure only because I tend to be on the lower side of normal think 90/50 sometimes lower.

The 100% is a psychological treat and it really works.

Iā€™m not big on New Yearā€™s resolutions because the time frame is overwhelming for me. I like to set goals for a month at a time which seems more doable. I know there are a couple cool things going on in January like folks going zero carb and others giving up sweeteners. Love it!

Iā€™m getting started early on some January goals cause thereā€™s no reason to wait.

1. Start doing HIIT workouts 2 times per week on the elliptical.
  2. Full body strength training 2 times per week on days Iā€™m not doing the HIIT
  3. IF Monday through Friday, eat only between 3pm and 8pm.

What are your goals for January or for the year if you like the longer time frame? I think writing them down and sharing with the community is very motivating! Set your intentions!

(Jacquie) #39

I like your idea of setting goals a month at a time. Iā€™ve joined the ā€˜giving up artificial sweetenersā€™ challenge but started today. :slight_smile: I lift 3xā€™s a week as I dropped HIIT for a bit. I do HIIT on an elliptical and like it a lot. Feels great afterwards. lol Being older, Iā€™m not sure how much HIIT is too much for me and I donā€™t want to lose any lbm.

(Karen Parrott) #40

Headspace 6 days per week
Stair Ave up to 15 /day Ave for the year
Push-up 5-10 per day