What annoyed you this week? Keto or just life, in general

(Cathy) #1

When I go out to have lunch at a nice restaurant I don’t like having to ask for more salad dressing. My $20 salad had barely enough dressing so much so that at first I thought it had none. When asked for more, they brought me maybe 1 ounce in a tiny dish. What the hell?!!! Check that restaurant off as a ‘do not return’!!!

(Allie) #2

I actually make a point of letting go of little annoyances like this for the sake of my peace of mind as they’re not worth stressing over. Someone cuts me up while I’m driving? Yeah whatever, breathe deeply and drop back. Someone says something I don’t like? Walk away… life is difficult enough without holding on to unnecessary dramas.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3

A lot of people should follow your lead. Very wise words!! :euro::euro::moneybag:

(Darlene Horsley) #4

Ditto

(Stephanie ) #5

Lets see getting cussed out at work. I’m a child support case manager and one of my customers got mad at me because I put a support order against him and now he has to pay child support. Its like dude don’t get mad at me your the who had “relations” and made a baby!!! Don’t be silly wrap your willy :slight_smile:

(Cathy) #6

Sad but I love your last line!!

(Cathy) #7

My annoyance was about living a keto life in a world that still believes low fat if the best. I am guessing when it comes to salads, that the puny bits of fat that can come with are usually even more restrictive. My fault for ordering a salad. Next time it will be a juicy burger/steak - sans bun.

I am glad you have found that ‘letting go of little annoyances’ helps you not stress. Very good, indeed. I, on the other hand, do not find little annoyances stressful but rather something just fun to chat about. And sometimes when the annoyance is lingering, it is good to vent.

(Stephanie ) #8

Venting is the key! Sometimes it feels so good to let it out. At work everyday we all take 15 min to vent about our day to each other, cause honestly if we didn’t we would all quit, that’s how stressful this job is.

(Troy) #9

Result
Cortisol Level = Low
That’s a win-win
Nice.:grin:

(Rob) #10

Hasn’t this become America’s Pastime… and many other countries’ as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

He had unprotected sex, and not only did he not contract a fatal disease, he brought a new life into the world, and now he’s complaining? Sheesh! Tell him from me that a real man takes care of his own, whatever it takes.

(Jay AM) #12

I have to agree here. As a semi truck driver, I spend 11 hours a day on roads in traffic, with bad drivers, people who cut me off, don’t use their blinkers, incompetent dispatchers, bad manners at loading or delivery points, rude other truck drivers, disgusting bathroom conditions at some locations. Yesterday, I was hit trailer side by a Mack dump truck who didn’t yield at an entrance ramp (yes, everything is fine.) I spent 5 hours in a shop to repair my blinker light and get back to DOT legal status.

Truck drivers as a whole are such angry frustrated people. I used to get mad but, I had to stop. There was no point in it. In a perfect world, I wouldn’t share the road with smaller vehicles that don’t respect the dangers of such large trucks and everyone would be friendly and the women’s bathroom wouldn’t have lines with screaming children all summer long.

But, the world isn’t perfect. And, since I probably shouldn’t go on a rampage, I had to give up the anger and realize that part of my job is managing other people around me too. I’ve never been prone to road rage, closest I’ve come is in the truck. But, being upset constantly is more stress than it’s worth. I can’t mind control everyone around me to do my bidding (yet). Now, myself and other trucker friends do vent to each other about crazy almost accidents but, we move on. It’s an interesting story for a second.

I also had to let go of my ketovangelism nature with non ketoers. One of above mentioned truck friends is fairly certain I’m going to die of a heart attack. So, he tries to constantly mention how low sodium he is, how he reduced fat significantly, how he goes on the elliptical for 45 minutes a day. Well, he just ended up in the hospital with newly developed general anxiety and panic attack disorder. He also had too low sodium, potassium, and protein. Meanwhile, I haven’t had a panic attack in over a year (before the accident the other day since my attacks are determined usually by after shock and adrenaline). I feel great, definitely not starving. I had an opportunity to rub it in about how great I’m doing with keto but, I didn’t. I do talk about keto a lot but, never in the context of how they should do it and it’s the one true way. I’m not responsible for them and again, no mind control powers (yet). So, no reason to stress.

(Alec) #13

Strongly recommend telling the waiter or whoever takes your order that you want a serious side of dressing in addition to what comes as standard, AND you want a serious side of butter.

In my experience, this often leads to a discussion on why, they then get it, and they then provide me a fantastic keto meal. I think we just have to ask and thereby educate the wild world out there. Unless we explain to the world, they will never get it.

(Alec) #14

If we are proper keto folks we MUST let these things go, right? Stress leads to increased insulin, and we all know where that leads…

(Allie) #15

TBH that never even occurred to me. I’m surrounded by stress, sharing my life with an alcoholic with mental health issues being a major stressor, and had to find a way of prioritising my health and welfare so just don’t allow myself to stress over things that don’t matter.

First I made the conscious decision to acknowledge and release the day to day minor stresses and annoyances, like rude customers at work and aggressive or just incompetent drivers on the roads, whatever else and noticed my stress levels becoming more manageable. Then I moved onto memories of events that I had never properly dealt with at the time, you know these things come back to bite when they’re unresolved, and started doing the same thing - acknowledge the event and the feelings caused, then let it go. It’s amazing the difference this has made in my life and how much easier it is for me to cope with the stuff that I’m not able to avoid now (such as mentioned above, although that situation is now changing too).

I used to worry about everything, literally right down to what would happen and how my animals would cope when the world ended and I wasn’t here for them. I actually made the decision to have my cats all put to sleep if there was the real threat of a nuclear war or something else catastrophic so they wouldn’t be left to suffer and survive on their own, that’s how deep my worry used to be, and the constant anxiety that went hand in hand with it.

Then one day I realised, it’s not the events in life that make us stressed, unhappy, anxious, scared, etc. It’s our reaction to them, so I decided to start taking control of that reaction rather than letting it control me.

Well that turned into a bit of a rant… :joy:

(Troy) #16

Love this
Thank you for sharing

(Rob) #17

When the inevitable zombie apocalypse happens, they will fare much better than us… our domestication is far harder to reverse than theirs. :smile:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

I know, right? Isn’t it annoying? :grinning:

(grace elizabeth) #19

What annoys me is a hubby who means well, but keeps asking me to eat out when he knows I am fasting. We used to go to a restaurant a couple times a week and now I’m fine with a couple times a month. This morning he really wanted to go to breakfast but I declined, telling him I’m not eating until after 3 p.m. But it all worked out. He called our grandson and asked him to go, which DGS happily accepted.

(Doug) #20

Slow drivers in the fast lane.