What advice would you give to your newbie keto self?

newbies

(Bunny) #26

It’s all about the science my dear LeCheffre!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #27

Would you mind whipping it out? Or, as the keto kids of Missouri might say, Show Me (the science).

(Bunny) #28

For starters Fung 54:49 (cooked/processed)

We are talking whole-foods (unprocessed).

Just as it would not be logical to eat starch based foods (cooked) if your trying to initiate ketosis.

”…Is potato starch LCHF? Could it lower your blood sugar? Incredibly enough, the answer seems to be “yes”if you don’t heat it. …” …More

Ever eaten raw potato sticks or slices?

Dr. Peter Attia demonstrates this with his own n=1 experiment…

Can you explain the grain within 48hrs please

No, it can be toxic if you overdo it too!

(Bunny) #31

But that doesn’t mean people on KETO can eat it! I have a grain mill and used to mill fresh for bread. I was FAT!

(Bunny) #33

Bread can elevate and dysregulate the level of blood sugar in the body and if your dietary intake consists mainly of carbohydrates and is limited in fat and protein; that is why people get fat when they eat too much of it!

(What The Fast?!) #34

@atomicspacebunny do you think some people simply do better on higher carb though? My digestion issues are much better on a diet of whole grains - unless I supplement boatloads of magnesium, I’m clogged up with cement logs. :rofl:

(Bunny) #35

…Lol

I have eaten bread through my whole ketonautic journey with no problemos and as I mentioned above, the reasons bread ‘CAN’ be bad?

(What The Fast?!) #36

I missed that comment. I do wonder in general though about some people doing better higher carb vs higher fat - or a more “balanced” ratio in general.

You mean give up the powder of life?

(TJ Borden) #38

HEATHEN!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Bunny) #39

Lol :joy: I know cheating! Sitting here eating bread doing keto while everybody suffers!

(TJ Borden) #40

I’ve added beer back in (I’ve been a craft beer geek for years), and I know if might be stalling weight loss, but it doesn’t seem to affect blood sugar or inflammation much, so since I’m in it for the long game, I’m choosing to embrace the lifestyle aspect.

The Taco Bell runs as a result of impaired judgement from the beer are a separate issue.

Do you mean making trips to Taco Bell or…

(TJ Borden) #42

I suppose it works both ways :joy::joy::joy:

(Running from stupidity) #43

Yes, pretty sure that’s what he meant :slight_smile: #userealparm

“Real” parm is very overrated, and doesn’t work well for a lot of the things I use the glorious green can for.
#woodpulp4lyfe

(Running from stupidity) #45

Ah, my bad. Didn’t realise we were discussing the actual can itself.

:slight_smile: