WeWork discriminates against diabetics in new policy to ban meat

(Ethan) #1

Apparently, Wework has banned meat and will not serve it or reimburse employees for their purchases of it. Let’s let them know that this policy is discriminatory against those who treat their metabolic disorder, including diabetes, with a ketogenic diet. I’ve already commented to their Twitter.

(Robin N) #2

OMG. :roll_eyes: I’d be sure to accompany my big-ass bacon cheeseburger at lunch each day with exclamations of delight…(just like I did today!). Until, of course, they ban employees from bringing their own lunch.

(Ana Policzer) #3

This is what happens when ideology supplants actual science. If they really want to make an impact on the environment, they should be banning industrially produced foods across the board - but I’m guessing that’s not anywhere near their radar. Smh.

(Bunny) #4

Exactly! …and not one shred of reliable research to support the preconceived notion for such a postulation? Absent and lacking in the slightest inclination that there is any efficacy what-so-ever to such ideologies i.e. environmental reasoning?

Just some crazy vegans at the head the Corp. trying to make everybody eat the way (they do) he or she does because they think they know what’s good for all of us?

Another thing these nutty tree hugging global warming environmentalists cannot get through their hard coconut is that global warming is a good thing if they really understood science? Just as you see professsorette level archeologists and geologists that cannot get the dating of substances correct and arguing amongst and between themselves about methodologies and unbeknownst to them they only have to know one thing to get it correct? Generations of peeps go to college to learn pseudo-platonic logic (pay money for it?); thinking that what they are learning (pseudoscience?) is fact?

(Alec) #5

Well that’s one less company I can work for in the future. Limits the field to quite a few million others. :rofl::rofl:

(Casey Crisler) #6

To be fair, it doesn’t say employees can’t eat meat. Just not on the company dime. You can still get it if you pay out of pocket. I don’t see this as a big deal. It’s a private company. My company (hospital) won’t even hire you if you use tobacco.

(Ethan) #7

When traveling for business, the company would need to make reasonable accommodations. It’s a huge deal to not pay for somebody’s meals while traveling.

(Brian) #8

Many years ago, I worked on a moving truck on occasion helping to move pianos. There were normally three of us and occasionally, we had a meal on the road.

It was interesting that the guys always seemed to be able to get what they wanted (typically a beer with their lunch) without it showing up on the official tab.

If people want to eat meat and make it look like they didn’t, they might just figure out a way to make it happen. They wouldn’t be the first.

(Casey Crisler) #9

“When traveling for business, the company would need to make reasonable accommodations. It’s a huge deal to not pay for somebody’s meals while traveling.“

I don’t disagree. I used to travel a lot for my previous company. But we had restrictions placed on what we could get and the amount we could spend. Alcohol had to have approval. Unless you were management, of course.

(Casey Crisler) #10

“If people want to eat meat and make it look like they didn’t, they might just figure out a way to make it happen. They wouldn’t be the first”

Oftentimes we would pay for breakfast and lunch at (gasp) McDonalds and save our allotted expense amount for dinner at a nice steak house.

(Ethan) #11

Which of course would not be reimbursed by WeWork.

(Casey Crisler) #12

I can’t help it if my salad cost $39 bucks :wink:

(Ethan) #13

I don’t operate this way at all. I am always above board. My company knows I fast for 3 days and then eat a $100 meal and stay under budget. I tell them this ahead of time.

(Jane) #14

There’s more to it than not paying for meat, I bet. At some point the meat-eaters would be looked down upon and it would affect their pay, promotions, etc due to perceived ideals and could never be proven so a discrimination lawsuit would be pointless.

Just like fat people are discriminated against but normally can’t be proven.

Better to find a job at another company with different values.

(Ethan) #15

They need us trolling them nonstop.