Well I guess I’m fat adapted then

Just home from my Thursday morning workout - kinda of a HIIT session. I had fasted since 1pm yesterday so 22 hours other than a coffee with small amount HWC this morning and had also done an intense boxing class last night. Felt hungry but good and thought I’d check my blood glucose and ketones just for interests sake (not diabetic, just like data). Was shocked to find my glucose level was 6.8mmol/L (122 mg/dL). Of course I quickly jumped on google to figure out why (I knew it wasn’t because I’d suddenly become diabetic overnight). Well, it seems my plentiful muscles are now saying a big NO to glucose as per this interesting article I found on dietdoctor.com
Diet Doctor article link
This sentence is key:

I guess I’ll just KCKO! Yay for a fat burning/adapted body finally!!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

I lost the link, but there’s a great blog post out there by a British scientist, basically saying that as long as his HbA1C is as good as it has been being, he’s not intending to worry about his (slightly) increased glucose level. He also feels that “glucose sparing” is a better name for the phenomenon than “physiological insulin resistance.”