Weight Maintenance 2019 January Check-in

(Pete A) #21

Back under the scream weight of 143 although I surprisingly took these fluctuations in stride. The new normal?

Nothing much different eating or activity wise, but it IS January!

DrawPagel%20(9)

Great looking graph. How are you doing maintenance. Iā€™m getting mixed messages.

1. eat more fat (but itā€™ll take a lot more?)

OR

1. eat some carbs (but in moderation and keep a tight lid on it)

or some other way?

Thanks.

(Frank) #23

Honestly I donā€™t put a whole lot of thought into it. I tend to lean more towards leaner cuts of meat with pretty minimal veggies. Iā€™m not losing weight anymore but I do have a 186 scare weight. If I weigh in at 186 or more Iā€™ll tighten it up for a day or two and Iā€™ll be back in line.

Thanks for the nice and prompt response. I like the idea of a scare weight - I reckon Iā€™ll have to borrow that one.

(KCKO, KCFO) #25

I have decided to take the plunge and try to stop eating earlier in the day, and skipping dinners instead of breakfasts. Dr. Panda and now even Dr. Fung are saying this is the way to go. Time restricted eating seems to be the new thing in fasting land these days. Iā€™m going to try doing this for another couple of days and see how it goes.

I want to try and nudge my weight down a tiny bit, just a few lbs. and keep it there. My goal weight has been easy to maintain for almost 2 yrs. now, but I think it would be nice to lose a few more, like 3-4 lbs.

Hope the whole Maintenance Crew is doing well.

(Jane) #26

Back when I was fat and my MIL lived with usā€¦ I decided to skip dinner and drink 2 beers instead. I was never a big beer drinker.

She was horrified!!! :laughing:

I lost weight but for some reason I canā€™t remember why I quit.