Weight loss question

(Gwendoline Vanderkerken) #1

Hi Everybody,

I’m new to the keto diet. i started in june. My doctor told me to try it because i still have problems after pfeiffer ( immune troubles) and insulin resistance. So since a month i eat keto and do intermittent fasting
i eat +/- 20 g carbs a day
i only lost 3kg and i’m still hungry at noon after a fast of 16 hours… it seems that i have troubles to get fat adapted.
I wanna know what can stall my fat loss? Does anyone have ideas what i can do to accelerate it?
thank you :slight_smile:

(Brad) #2

Stalls are very individual. Some things are
Artificial sweeteners, dairy, excess protein, to few calories are a few.
Keeps carbs <20
Protein is about 1 * Lean body mass
If you are not eating enough that could cause you to go into a preservation mode

Eat when hungry, throw the scale away.

KCKO

(Gwendoline Vanderkerken) #3

Thank you
i think i eat too much full fat dairy, i’m addicted to my homemade quark cheese ( 150 grams everyday) and some cheese also… i think i have to cut this

(Davi) #4

Don’t fret over the weight. Give it some more time for you to be fat adapted as well. It’s only been a month.
Also, women have a lot of hormones and things that needs to get straightened out first. I know very little about that (limited to what ive read here and heard in the podcast). Men are the lucky ones to see weight loss right off the bat. KCKO

(Tim) #5

Everyone’s body’s are different. It may take you longer to get fat adapted. If you aren’t eating artificial sweeteners, I would say up your fat intake and MAKE SURE you are under 20g carbs and eat more often. You don’t want to starve yourself trying to get fat adapted.