Ways to use egg whites? recipes

(Melissa Smith) #1

What ways are best for using egg whites? I have several saved whites from making mayo and ice cream and need ideas to not waste them.

(Richard Morris) #2

Oopsie bread

Wetting agent for breading foods with ground pork rinds and Parmesan

Brutti ma buoni cookies (egg white whipped, ground hazelnut, cocoa, artificial sugar)

Add with other eggs to make protein rich omelettes or crepes

(Carol Motsinger) #4

Granola- rough chop your favorite nuts and seeds (I throw in any kind I have in the house), add seasoning (I use cinnamon) coat in egg whites to moisten. Bake until crisp. The egg whites bind it together and help with the crunch, plus adding some more protein. Can be used in almond milk like cereal or over some whole fat yogurt or just as a snack.

(Melissa Smith) #5

I’ve always wanted to try. Seems so elegant. Thank you!

(Melissa Smith) #6

those cookies sound delicious! Thank you for sharing

(Stickin' with mammoth) #7

I made this stuff a few weeks ago. Weirdest thing ever to come out of my oven. But it’s making me salivate for blackberry season here in the Pacific Northwest. I’m thinkin’…

Wow…looks delish! Certainly a great stand-in for shortcake type trifles and cream layer cakes!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

The greatest thing about being a former sugar addict ketoer is how friggin’ Jolly Rancher-sweet even the blandest of fruits now taste. Two years ago, I would’ve looked at that photo and thought: Meh. Now, I have to squint at it and think to myself: I wonder how many bites I’ll be able to tolerate?

Yes!! I’m so there with you. And sometimes I even think…“meh…I’d rather eat bacon…or roasted pork belly”. I love being fat adapted…my cravings have changed!