Water walking

(Miss E) #1

I walk in the pool and have not found an app that has that option. I swim a tiny bit but it’s mostly walking. Anywhere from half an hour to two hours.

Does anyone know an equivalency that I could use to count the calories I burn doing this?

(Trace) #2

Hi I just did a quick Google search and found this,
Water-walking or jogging burns 563 calories per hour if you weigh 155 pounds, and 654 calories an hour if you weigh 180 pounds. Water-running burns 11.5 calories per minute in comparison with running on land, which burns about 8 calories per minute, according to The Sunday Times.
How Many Calories Does Walking in Water Burn? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Hope it helps :blush:

(Miss E) #3

Knowing the calories is helpful (although it doesn’t feel like thar many) but being able to put it in the app is the problem :confused:

(Roy D) #4

What App are you using?

I use MyFittnessPal (the free version), and can enter customized exercises (on my smartphone) under Exercise/Cardio/My Exercises/Create a New Exercise (located at the bottom on the list).

(Stan Brooks) #5

On top or under it?

(Miss E) #6

Working my way up :stuck_out_tongue:

(Miss E) #7

Using fat secret at the moment and samsung health. Have used MFP but was hoping to streamline.

(Dan Dan) #8

Find a activity that has the same calories per hour and pick one that is unique or weird so you can joke about it when asked to explain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Miss E) #9

Turns out the app I’m using does have a custom optiom after all. So if water walking is 11.5 calories a minute I estimate that walking is half that which means 258 calories for 45 minutes. Done and done. Thanks everyone :slight_smile: