Was a bit naughty 🙈🙈

(Tara) #1

Soooo I was naughty last night. First night off with the kids in ages totally on my own. Now normally pre keto life I’d have gone to the shop bought 2 bottles of wine and a stack load of crisps and so much other food that was just off the radar in carbs not even thinking about it. BUT I googled keto friendly takeaways and had a Shish Kebab with no sauce no salad and didn’t eat the pitta… Now for me that’s a massive thing. I know it’s not good but that’s huge progress for me and I still class that as a win lol xxx

(Ken) #2

It’s fine to be occasionally Naughty. Just make sure it’s only on an occasional basis and does not become chronic. It’s more fun that way.

(Tara) #3

Ah yeah definitely won’t be a regular thing. Can’t afford to anyway :joy: and tbh I felt really guilty having it and it did upset my tummy a bit but was very yummy :yum: I’ve lost control many times before but this new lifestyle seems to be the best 1 I’ve found so far for me and I don’t want to jeopardise it xx

You won’t. Nothing wrong with being normal and enjoying yourself. Don’t make keto the overly restrictive “diet” that people think it is. Sometimes you do what you want, then you go back to normal. No need for guilt.

(Tara) #5

Thank you I appreciate that advice. I have quite an obsessive personality so sometimes take it too far but wanted to just try it last night. But I think it’s about finding a balance and just being sensible :purple_heart: xx

Victory! NSV = naughty shish victory. You did very well.

(Tara) #7

Thank you very much :heart::heart:

I cant imagine life without a glass or 2 of wine occasionally. Tried Slim wine last night…sparkling white…surprisingly good, half calories normal alcohol level and 0% carbs. Have the red to try next week…I’m limiting to once a week.
…and yes I know the healthier option is to not have wine at all but let’s be realistic!

(Tara) #9

Oooh that sounds nice I may have to look into that for a treat :heart_eyes: and yea but we all need some kind of treat hehe xx

(Laurie) #10

I always had a cast iron stomach, but after decades of abuse it’s finally rusting out. So now I’m able to use “it upset my tummy a bit” as a sign that I shouldn’t be eating something. I don’t enjoy digestive problems, so I’m happy to comply!

Funnily enough (and conveniently) many plant-based foods bother me, and animal products don’t.

(Susan) #11

Tara, you should be proud of yourself, that was a bit off Keto, yes; but not like a huge pig out at all.

I think an occasional treat is fine, as long as we keep focused on staying Keto =).