Warning for people with COVID19! 😱😱💀☠

(Ethan) #21

Cox-2 inhibition—which NSAIDs do—is likely bad here. In fact, even reducing the fever is probably slowing your body’s immune response to defeat this virus.

(Dan VanDeRiet) #22

Getting to this one a little late (just came up in my email today.)

As others have been saying, there was some concern in March about ibuprofen worsening COVID but from what I’ve been able to learn, it looks like that concern was overblown (unless some new evidence has shown up.)

And some of the posts are including acetaminophen as an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug). While it is similar in that it reduces fever and pain, it doesn’t have the anti-inflammatory properties of NSAIDS (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.) and so is categorized differently.

I went thu it well still 5 months still not 100% what I did I could not swallow throat swelled up took spoon full ice cream let it melt in mouth that was the only thing that helped breathing I used a Mullen tea with ginger and apple cider vinegar to help with breathing it’s a beast I called VA for help they laughed and bluntly said it’s your problem.They also said there is no test for it I ask about blood sample they told me that a joke there no blood test for it. I got thu it but man no one cares if your sick only themselves.As for shutting down America that was stupid.People who could be in harms way stay home the rest could have worked.you can go to Walmart but not Church.Mom and Pop stay home and lose everything as long as you keep big box stores open that good.

(Bunny) #24

image link

(Ethan) #25

I hate that image. Not to scale! The areas under the curves need to be equal

I’ve always read with the flu if the fever wasnt at dangerous levels then let it be. It is the bodies natural fight against it. The last time my little one had the flu I held off Tylenol and Ibuprofen as long as I thought I safely could.

(Dan VanDeRiet) #27

I’ve been hearing that also. There is a guy from England who has been putting out some good videos on COVID. He’s a retired Ph.D nurse educator, John Campbell. He has a good one on fever here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md6BGwGnekw

Yes, interfering with fever is not generally a good idea. It’s part of the body’s immune response and is helping us recover, not just by slowing the growth of viruses and bacteria but by mobilizing our immune cells:

Fever exerts an overall adverse effect on the growth of bacteria and on replication of viruses[15,16]. It also enhances immunological processes, including activity of interleukin-1 (IL-1), T-helper cells, cytolytic T-cells, B-cell and immunoglobulin synthesis[17]. The mobility, phagocytosis and killing of bacteria by polymorphonuclear leukocytes are significantly greater at temperatures above 40 °C. Elevated temperatures of 38 °C and 39 °C have a direct positive effect on lymphocyte transformation, the generation of cytolytic cells, B-cell activity, and immunoglobulin synthesis[18]. IL-1 is more active at febrile temperature than at an afebrile temperature. Interferon (INF), a potent antiviral agent, has enhanced antiviral activity above 40 °C[19].

[Some children are at risk for febrile seizures, which is obviously an important exception]

(Brian) #29

In light of the Covid-19 discussion, I wondered about using naproxen sodium.

I don’t have any ibuprofen in the house, none at all. There might be some acetaminophen but it is rarely used. I might be able to find an aspirin if I had to.

The naproxen sodium is the go-to when someone has a headache or some other kind of hurt or pain. It’s occasional, not something that’s in regular use, but when it’s called for, it is very effective for us. It also seems to be effective in reducing fever when we have that, though, that’s pretty rare around here. We just don’t get sick that often.

So, I did get to wondering, is naproxen sodium a no-no for Covid-19? I don’t think I’ve heard anyone mention it.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #30

This is another NSAID and I think it’s the same deal. I did see it included somewhere but I couldn’t tell you where it was. :cowboy_hat_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #31

Here is a listing of NSAID sold over the counter http://www.nsaidslist.com/

(Keto Koala 🐨) #32

I just got my test results back from last Friday and I’m still positive. I’m super f#cking annoyed. I thought I was getting better. I had a day yesterday where I felt great, more energy and even did house work. But today my throats mega sore and I’m coughing again. No fever though. Maybe it’s just mild now. But I do find that eliminating ibuprofen helped with getting rid of bad fevers. Maybe I overdid it yesterday. Good thing I have food. It’s been a really crap April in some ways.:slightly_frowning_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #33

Oh Aimee, sending more hugs Down Under! Take it easy, sweetheart. :kissing_heart:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #34

@KetoSnaps Thanks Bec, your so sweet.:heart::heart::heart:

(Susan) #35

Giants hugs and more prayers for recovery, Aimee! This Covid is awful, I hope that you will start to get better soon, you have been suffering with it for so long. Take care =))).

(Jane) #36

So sorry you are still dealing with it! I wish you a speedy recovery :mask:

(Ron) #37

Heard on news just now that US has its first 2 confirmed cases of Covid 19 in felines. Two cats tested positive so keep your pets safe as well!!!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #38

Our cats are 100% shelter in place because they are house cats.

(Doug) #39

Okay now people are gonna get serious about all this… :smile:

(Jane) #40

I have 2 house cats that are safe. My tiniest orange girl is my fiercest hunter and leaves me “gifts” on my thresholds. Can’t complain about headless mice… mangled cardinals and baby bunnies I cry a bit. But nature is a harsh taskmaster and not so forgiving.