Wagyu Beef - Costco Sale

beef
protein

(Troy) #1

If this is within your budget, invite me over please

Factor in my RT AIRFARE, I am in SoCal🙂

(Running from stupidity) #2

TBH, I don’t even like it normal meat prices amount, let alone at those prices.

(Carl Keller) #3

I’m drawn to pictures like these much in the same way a lover of art is drawn to an exceptional sculpture. I often find myself in the meat section at my local grocer when I have no intention of buying anything… just admiring the glorious marbling.

(Robert C) #4

Well!

$529.99 - because that penny - bringing the dollar amount down from $530 - is going to drive my decision to purchase.

$530 - too much, $529, much better.

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #5

Whilst I’m sure this is delicious, I’d make a couple of points:

• The marginal utility of spending 5x or 10x on your meat is minuscule. I make delicious pasture-raised steak :cut_of_meat: sourced from a farm upstate for less than a tenth the price of the wagyu pictured here, and it couldn’t be less than a 9/10 on the taste scale when done right. So to get 10/10 taste I’d have to spend another $500 on top of my original $50? The value isn’t there.
  • If you needed another reason not to splurge on wagyu, my understanding is that you really have to feed the animals loads of carbage to get this level of marbling. So my guess is it isn’t very good for you, either!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6

What did they do to that poor cow that it’s complete, untrimmed tenderloin subprimal is 5-6 lbs. those run about 10-15 lbs on a normal cow.

(Robert C) #7

I think the reason people buy a $530 steak is to be able to say “I bought a $530 steak”.

I don’t think one of these cooked imperfectly will be better than a regular Ribeye cooked perfectly.

(Laurie) #8

I think so too. I was just thinking about this. People talk about eating fugu fish, drinking Dom Perignon, the neighbor driving a Hummer, etc. It’s supposed to be more interesting than just eating fish, drinking alcohol (or water), or driving a car.

(Wendy) #9

None the less if I’m invited over to have one for dinner I’d be happy to oblige! It’s probably no worse than the cheese filled sausage/worst I ate a couple days ago. (I did enjoy it a lot though!)