W.H.O... limit your Sat' Fats to 30 grams a day.. Margarine is better than butter

(Will Madams) #1

It’s like two steps forward and one step back…

(Rob) #2

From the dicks who brought you “Bacon definitely gives you cancer…”:confounded:

Apparently we should limit our consumption of WHO recommendations to NOTHING… EVER!

(Carolus Holman) #3

Have these PEOPLE, WHO ever they are read anything released in the past 5 years? Maybe they should watch “The Magic Pill” then re-think their Genocidal approach!

(Leslie) #4

I know I will receive some pushback for saying this but I really feel like there’s a conspiracy going on in the industry and the WHO is where it starts. No one with any knowledge of nutrition, health, food science, etc would every believe such BS.

Usually I sign my little notes with Keep Calm and Keto On but right now it’s hard to be calm

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

WHO is kind of insane. Very tied to what the current food supply has, rather than what optimal nutrition is.

(Ethan) #6

The guidelines are a pile of dung, but I don’t see where they say that margarine is better than butter either. They seem to say up to 30g of butter are ok, but that no margarine is good.

(Steve) #7

I have nothing but guilt for getting my Father to switch to margarine years ago (do you think he’ll listen now? Nope) :frowning: “Becel” was supposed to be heart healthy. sigh
I knew nothing about how the oil was processed…and that our government regulatory bodies have loose standards for how much hexane can still be in the finished product. Bleached oils are poison. Period.

(Edith) #8

Don’t forget, they are saying saturated fat, not total fat. Also, don’t forget that even butter is not 100% saturated fat.

I just looked through some of my My Fitness Pal logs and most days I am 30-50g of saturated fat.
Now, I’m a tiny person, but still my saturated fat intake is not that high compared to my total fat. Maybe a third?

Edith

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #9

I’m at 84g of sat fat after lunch today… But I’m doing Feldman protocol, so I’m probably behind schedule.