Very Long Introduction

(Sarah Larsen) #21

This makes my heart SO happy to read. :heart::heart::heart:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #22

Thanks Brenda! It’s good to have others who have successfully forged the same path I’m on. I’ll try some of the 2kd podcasts. I’ve heard a lot abt them but haven’t listened to any yet.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #23

Thanks Maria! Good to hear from similarly aged people.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #24

Hi Sarah! Thanks for saying that…it makes me smile.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #25

Update:

Weighed in today. Another -5# week. I seem to be on a run.

More importantly… I have a friend who is younger (48) but similarly sized. He’s been scheduled for gastric bypass in early September. He’s been on a calorie restricted diet to lose 25# in preparation.

In the time he took to lose 25, I’ve lost 65.

He just asked if I would teach him keto. He’s putting off his surgery to give this a try first. I’m going to have him over for a couple meals and show him what i eat.

Any other ideas to help educate him?

(Jane) #26

Have him what The Magic Pill on Netflix (if he has it) and then put him on the 2KetoDudes podcasts!

(Linda) #27

Nothing works better than by example! You’re doing fantastic. That’s the best lesson of all.

Awesome work, keep going!

Don’t know if you’re in the USA, but Golden Coral do a ribs and steak week once per month. You should see their faces when I go in! Give me the meat lmao All you can eat for $15

(Lisa marie t) #29

Wtg on weight loss.I’m going to be 50 in Dec. Highest weight 355 n I’m 5’6 I’m down on my 6th month 51.2 lbs n 60.5 inches.
I do use fat bombs.esp when I’m having aniexty or stress.as I’m a emotional eater.but I just eat pickles n olives rather than junk.
I’m excited about this for all of us
Keep it up

(Sarah Larsen) #30

Xoxoxoxoxo

(Ida) #31

Such a beautiful share. Very touching. So wonderful your sucess thus far. I tell myself every day that this is the lifestyle I choose, these are my people, I found them. So even in your silence know that we are all in it together. Hold on, Keto is a terrific ride. :smiley:

Love pickles and olives!!! :smiley:

Have him watch 2 Youtube videos by Dr. Robert Lustig. The first video, “Sugar: the Bitter Truth” was released in 2009, and the 2nd one in 2014, which is an update to the first. He is a pediatric endocrinologist at UCSF and also has a book called “Fat Chance”, which is based on his first film. Available on Amazon…

Sugar: the Bitter Truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&t=1s

Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFyF9px20Y

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #34

Thank you Ida! Such kind words.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #35

Thank you Ann! I hadn’t seen these, so I just watched them. This kind of stuff is right up my alley.

(Val ) #36

I was really impressed how you took time to read up about the ketogenic lifestyle to understand before you embarked on your journey. Because this is a lifestyle with the wonderful “side effect” of weightloss and then maintaining, possibly referring your friend to these sources of information would assist him to better grasp the concept as a lifestyle rather than a diet? This would empower him and grant him independence to make good choices because he has a great understanding rather than rely on you. His ability to overcome will be encouraging for him as I am sure it was for you as you embarked on your journey.

Keep it up!

(Lisa marie t) #37

There’s the keto cook book n info at Costco
My cousin in cali was going to get gastric bypass but she’s watching me n she wants to do keto. I love keto even with the stall I’m a meat n chesee girl.lol I’m happy in this.I did have rny gastric bypass in 07.it’s not a magic pill the honeymoon phase…aka 1st year u lose lots but 2nd year n on…it’s a battle just like normal.I gained the 100 lbs I lost.in the years following.Im doing awesome on keto n feel awesomer loll
I do miss bread but I’m OK not having it.I make keto bread
Now that cold is coming here in BC I’m going to enjoy my keto chili n pizza n stews

(Bob M) #38

Have him read The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung, and go to his website and read and watch everything there. Keto is good, but in my opinion, keto + fasting is better.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #39

Lisa Marie, I’ve heard that about gastric bypass procedures… The “honeymoon phase”. Did you know that going in and expect it?

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #40

Hi BobM.

I just got the book Monday and am immersed in it right now. Fascinating stuff and it pleads to my.logicall self. Asks and answers a LOT of questions that are not broached by conventional medicine.

I already have been doing IF and occasional OMAD but haven’t decided yet if I’ll try EF. Do you?