Venting (non-supportive family members)

(Tom) #81

@Aqua_chonk do itttttt!

(Andy Hanson) #82

Misery loves company. I don’t even tell most folks what I’m doing. I’ve lost some weight, and people have noticed, but I just tell them I’ve given up sugar (which is true). Let the results speak for themselves.

(Arlene) #83

Just want to thank you all for making me chuckle reading all your comments. Who would have thought there would be so many witty comedians on a keto forum. Start your day off right with a cup of coffee and the keto forum. Yes

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleeping:

(Meeping up the Science!) #85

Chartreuse.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #86

I remember when I first went low-carb, around 2007, getting first scepticism, bordering on hostility from family/extended family. I tried not to talk about it at all, but other people would bring it up.

The frustrating thing was that in essence, I was eating mostly the same as everyone else, minus starchy carbs and anything with sugar in it.

However, people would want to make an issue of it, when I just wanted a quiet life. And they’d tell me how they managed to lose weight “by just eating less”. (Yeah right…might have worked for you in your thirties…wait till you are in your fifties…).

I would like to think that the world has moved on a little, at least in some ways, and people might be more curious than hostile. But I’m not exactly counting on it.

What slightly annoys me is that everyone nowadays falls over themselves to be nice to vegans and vegetarians. Well, in a way that’s progress, but why not be nice to us as well?

(Frederick Finch) #87

I have used a similar dog training method. I rub their nose in the offending food then yell, “NOOO!” simultaneously then throw them outside.

This has resulted in every family gathering being keto friendly. (and less invitations to Asshole family gatherings.)

(Stickin' with mammoth) #88

Holy crap, that was a good laugh, I needed that!

(Keto in Katy) #89

Why does anyone care what others think about how you eat anyway? You don’t need to explain yourself to anyone, ever.

Be your glorious keto self. Ignore the noise.

(Michelle) #90

AMEN!! Love that line.